Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Headset Issues

Okay, I recently purchased a Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB headset from the acclaim of some friends. Sound is perhaps my weakest area of understanding in terms of computers. Anyways, after I finally got through properly installing the drivers for the headset and had it plugged in, it sounded excellent... for about an hour. After my initial burst of gaming, I returned to notice the headset had a static//popping noise whenever sound played through it. I reinstalled the drivers over again and again it worked for a while before it again made the noise. Figuring there was a faulty wire with the headset (and after doing some research apparently USB headsets sometimes have these problems) I returned it. Unfortunately, at the time, the Fry's i went to did not have the analog version (1300) so I decided to give the 1500 another go, again, because I really enjoyed the sound quality when it worked. This time, it worked all evening and into the morning. However, after getting on again I noticed the same static pop returned. Any ideas? I feel it might have been my outdated, generic sound card but then some places have given me contradicting information about USB headsets having integrated sound cards (again, I do not know this field all that well), others suggest that it is feedback from something in the area, help! i might just have to re-return it and hope the analog fairs better.
1 answer Last reply
More about corsair vengeance 1500 headset issues
  1. Well on the top of my head you could try another usb port and if problem still persists then try the headset on a different computer or for that matter on a friend's computer that is not in the same house. Now, if the problem still persists then it is probably the headset itself but if the problem doesn't happen using a different usb port or different computer then there is something wrong with your computer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Pro Audio Gaming Headsets USB Corsair Audio