Anyone here know who oems the Compaq 041Ch motherboard for..

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Also , does anyone know of a hack or jumper or dipswitch setting to
force bus speeds to 100mhz or 133? I know of the B21 hack but dont want to do
that to the Celeron i have unless needed to.

hh

Looks like it's the "lift B21 from ground" thing, since there is no jumper
fo force a specific FSB. Not worth it IMHO.
HH

In article <dpwEc.15395$J82.7146@fe25.usenetserver.com>, "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Looks like it's the "lift B21 from ground" thing, since there is no jumper
>fo force a specific FSB. Not worth it IMHO.
>HH

well i already have 3 networked P3 and P4 systems in my house , this is just a
plaything i got from the Salvation Army for $10 with a 10 gig hard drive and
128mb's ram. Stuck my old ATI AIW Radeon card in and a network card and plan
to use it as a poor mans DVR. The celeron 400 overclocked just nicely to
600mhz doing the B21 trick. Thanks anyways for the prompt response!!!!

If anything the tooless case and 10/100 3COM network card are worth what i
paid for it....

>"GMAN" <glenzabr@xmission.com> wrote in message
>> Also , does anyone know of a hack or jumper or dipswitch setting to
>> force bus speeds to 100mhz or 133? I know of the B21 hack but dont want to
>do
>> that to the Celeron i have unless needed to.

hh

It likely has a slow hard drive, 5.4K (or even 4.5K) rpm so you might opt
for a 7.2K to ensure smooth live recording. Just a thought.