Packard bell wont connect to wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
Hi, I have a packard bell easynote gn45 and it suddenly wont connect to wifi. This just started today. I haven't done anything different to the laptop. The wifi light flashes but it doesnt detect any networks . The home wifi is working fine for other devices (like the one i'm now using) so it's not the problem.

I'm running windows7. Not overly knowledgable about computers so any help appreciated.

pcfixed

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
check the device manager it might be disabled there
or do a restore

Start/all programs/accessories/system restore then select a day you remember it worked

G

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what to look for in Device manager? Any chance u could talk me thru it? I Tried a restore. That didn't resolve it.
Thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what to look for in Device manager? Any chance u could talk me thru it? I Tried a restore. That didn't resolve it.
Thanks

What colour is the wi-fi LED flashing? Have you tried turning it off at the switch or the relevant Funciton key then back on again? If you look in Device Manager>Network Adapters, see if one of them has a yellow mark beside its entry. If it does, click the entry and go to Properties then Update Driver. That might just be enough for Windows to reassociate the device with the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS