Sign in with
Your question

Laptop recommendation

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
May 17, 2010 10:41:19 AM

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a laptop with 15 inches screen at least , small budget, not necessarily for gaming , linux compatible if possible not necessary
and most important, long life guaranteed
I mean it doesn't broke up only after 10 years (is it possible ?)

my choice went on two laptops (from where I live):
dell vostro 1015 : core 2 duo 2,10ghz Ram 3go HD 320 go screen 15,6"

or
HP G62-125EK Core i3 2.13 GHz - RAM 3Go HDD 320Go + windows 7

what do you think, guys of these two ?
is HP G62-125EK a good one ,

thanks for replying

More about : laptop recommendation

May 17, 2010 10:54:40 AM

I think you can go with the DELL Vostro. It's durable .. true...
a c 571 D Laptop
a b α HP
May 17, 2010 2:52:20 PM

Of the two you've listed I favor the HP G62-125EK for it's Core i3 CPU and Intel HD graphics over the Dell and it's older model Core 2 CPU and Intel GMA X4500MHD graphics.
Here is a review of the HP G62
Some Dell Vostro 1015 reviews
Related resources
a b D Laptop
May 17, 2010 9:48:47 PM

Hi there!

What will you be using your laptop for? The HP has a more powerful processor so that is a better choice if you will be running many programs at once.

With some more information on how you intend to use your laptop I can suggest a couple others you may want to consider as well.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
June 5, 2010 3:24:20 PM

IsabellaWinTeam said:
Hi there!

What will you be using your laptop for? The HP has a more powerful processor so that is a better choice if you will be running many programs at once.

With some more information on how you intend to use your laptop I can suggest a couple others you may want to consider as well.

Cheers,
Isabella

yes, the HP has a more powerful proc.
I'm also concerned that it works on linux distro ( fedora, ubuntu )
and since it's a new Hp offer ,( I guess ) is it a long lasting laptop with no problem whatsoever and that's my main criteria of choice

I intend to use it for makin web sites , web application developpement
and not necessarily gamin ( I 've read it's poor performance with some games) I don't care about that

June 9, 2010 6:18:50 PM

EOD Intel processors are provided to all OEM's :-)
a b D Laptop
June 9, 2010 10:48:16 PM

mike_32 said:
yes, the HP has a more powerful proc.
I'm also concerned that it works on linux distro ( fedora, ubuntu )
and since it's a new Hp offer ,( I guess ) is it a long lasting laptop with no problem whatsoever and that's my main criteria of choice

I intend to use it for makin web sites , web application developpement
and not necessarily gamin ( I 've read it's poor performance with some games) I don't care about that

Hi Mike,

For gaming, you would want a laptop with a graphics card so it is not surprising that the HP wouldn't be able to perform well in certain graphics-intense games. The HP seems like a great choice, although most laptops do not last 10 years. However, you should be able to get a pretty good life out of it. Have you read any user reviews? That can help give you a better idea of how it performs with daily use.

I hope this helps.

Isabella
!