Licensing question

For those in the know, would a repro agreement with the rumored 20K
entry fee cover all the possible trademark items or just a single item,
say cab decals. If it covers everything then I would think that the
market could get flooded with lots of goodies just to make it worthwile.

Just trying to get a feel for how likely trademarked games ( STTNG, IJ,
etc ) would be added to the list. Seems like all the clear title ones
are going first.

Jack James
2 answers Last reply
More about licensing question

    A standard licensing agreement would typically cover all use of
    copyrighted logos, artwork, images and characters. However, every item
    that is reproduced would most likely need to be resubmitted again for
    approval by the licenseholder before Wayne could go to market. In some
    cases, there is also an annual income stream target that must be agreed
    upon by both parties.

    To answer your question bluntly....it is highly unlikely that
    trademarked games or parts that have trademarked images will be
    reproduced...legally.

    Let's face it, there's a bigger market for, say, Star Trek fridge
    magnets than there is for ST pins or replacement parts. The market for
    this stuff is smaller than you may think. Just ask any of the current
    repro sellers.

    I just can't see it being worth LucasFilm's, Viacom's or Paramount's
    time for such low production runs....regardless of what Wayne says.

    Time will tell...

    Dave

    Hi Dave,

    Agreed, it's hard to believe Wayne and his motley crew right now
    because of whats gone on recently. I could see anyone take this view
    point just by goggling "Pinball Factory" on RGP. They can't seem to
    figure why people rib them. Time will tell I guess...

    Ping

    Dave Pauk wrote:
    > A standard licensing agreement would typically cover all use of
    > copyrighted logos, artwork, images and characters. However, every item
    > that is reproduced would most likely need to be resubmitted again for
    > approval by the licenseholder before Wayne could go to market. In some
    > cases, there is also an annual income stream target that must be agreed
    > upon by both parties.
    >
    > To answer your question bluntly....it is highly unlikely that
    > trademarked games or parts that have trademarked images will be
    > reproduced...legally.
    >
    > Let's face it, there's a bigger market for, say, Star Trek fridge
    > magnets than there is for ST pins or replacement parts. The market for
    > this stuff is smaller than you may think. Just ask any of the current
    > repro sellers.
    >
    > I just can't see it being worth LucasFilm's, Viacom's or Paramount's
    > time for such low production runs....regardless of what Wayne says.
    >
    > Time will tell...
    >
    > Dave

Games Video Games