Set program access and defaults link does not work

The link "Set programm access and defaults" on my Start menu does not have a
right icon and does not work
--
Elvart

Elvart,

What's the option you see when you right-click the "Set Program..." link?
See if you're able to launch the applet manually:

Type in Start-Run:

CONTROL appwiz.cpl,,3

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"elvigor" <elvigor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The link "Set programm access and defaults" on my Start menu does not have
> right icon and does not work
> --
> Elvart

Hi Ramesh,
When I right-click "the Set pro...", I've got regular menu. After clicking
Open - nothing happenned. Nothing happenned when I tried to launch it
manually. It take the command, but nothing appeared.
--
Elvart

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Elvart,
>
> What's the option you see when you right-click the "Set Program..." link?
> See if you're able to launch the applet manually:
>
> Type in Start-Run:
>
> CONTROL appwiz.cpl,,3
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "elvigor" <elvigor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The link "Set programm access and defaults" on my Start menu does not have
> > right icon and does not work
> > --
> > Elvart

Elvart,

Don't have an solution right now. But, another route is to launch
Appwiz.cpl, and click the "Set Program...." button. If not try a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353