Question About Eight Ball Deluxe

I am confused about Eight Ball Deluxe cabinets. Some have side art in
cream colors and some are black. Some doors have the pattern on them
while some are black. Some trim around the backglass is white, some
are black. Can someone tell me about the different version of EBD and
what the differences are. Also, looking for EBD target decals.
Thanks Tom

The 1981 version is cream/light yellowish, in a standard Bally cabinet
from that era. The 1981 version has a lift-out backglass. Ideally,
the head trim is the cream color, but over the years, many have had
their trim painted black by people (mine had been spray painted red).

The 1982 version is the LE, which is in the rapid fire cab. Hard to
miss.

The 1985 Version is black. The 1985 version has that weird angle-cut
head, and a swing out backglass.

I suppose I have the 1981 version but the trim around the backglass is
painted black. That is what confused me.

Tom:

3 different varieties and years.

www.ipdb.org

search for it and check out the pics.

Just get new targets from Pinball Resource.

So what one do you have?

John! (EBD #1 fan)

tommy wrote:
> I am confused about Eight Ball Deluxe cabinets. Some have side art in
> cream colors and some are black. Some doors have the pattern on them
> while some are black. Some trim around the backglass is white, some
> are black. Can someone tell me about the different version of EBD and
> what the differences are. Also, looking for EBD target decals.
> Thanks Tom

Probably repainted. What number is stamped on the left side of the cabinet?

The later version had light boards under the playfield too.

John!

tommy wrote:
> I suppose I have the 1981 version but the trim around the backglass is
> painted black. That is what confused me.

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 11 Aug 2005 20:09:12 -0700, "tommy" <tommydun@aol.com> wrote:

>I suppose I have the 1981 version but the trim around the backglass is
>painted black. That is what confused me.

Sounds like you have a "customized" version. Google for paint colors
for EBD, there's a creme color that matches almost perfectly for that
part of the backbox (used it myself).