NicademuS

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
Recently my system has started crashing and im not sure why. in the middle of normal applications my monitor will black out with the messege "out of scan range" and then the system will reboot. im now oporating on a new drive because the old drive started to continually reboot. it would boot as far as the windows xp pro splash screen, the drive and all my fans would fire up fine, and then the system would just reboot over and over. i just recently purchased the 120gig Western Digital special edition to use while the old Western Digital is being repaired and im staring to experience the same crashes and am worried this drive will suffer the same fate. I think i have an insufficient PSU, but i ran the system fine for 3 months before any problems ever started. My next guess is the ram and was wondering what tester i should use to test it. I have never had a problem with heat. CPU is constant at about 41-47C and i run with the case completely open.

system specs:

MSI KT3 Ultra+ARU
Athlon XP 1800+
256 PC2700 (samsung)
ATI radeon 8500 all-in-wonder (128)
120gig western digital special edition
300W PSU

i would really appreciate any help you guys could give...thanx

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Memtest86 is a good program for testing memory.

If you're an ugly bastard click <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new"> here</A> to feel better about yourself.