Misty

From: "Misty" <Misty@discussions.microsoft.com>

| I purchased a used laptop (windows 2000 pro) that requires a windows logon
| when it boots. Is there a way to bypass this logon without knowing the
| password or am I going to have to format the hd and reload the OS?
|
| Thanks
|
| Misty

That's nice Midy but this is a Windows XP News Group -- Not Windows 2000.

Please post in the News Group associated with your OS such as;
microsoft.public.win2000.general

If you bought a used notebook with the OS already on it, the *best* advice is to wipe the
computer clean of all data and instal, an OS from scratch. This will prevent you from
dealing with malware that may be on the computer as well as inheriting any problems or bugs
experienced by the previous owner.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm