FUNHOUSE PF, Wh20 Suicide Canyon Ramp, TAF Cloud Header (P..

Last response: in Video Games
August 12, 2005 12:27:09 AM

IPB now has the funhouse playfield, Wh20 Suicide Canyon Ramp, and the
TAF cloud headers ready for full production.

Full production is pending on the demand of these products. Please
visit the link below for further instuctions on how to purchase these
products.

http://www.illinoispinball.com/product_preorder.htm

Thanks
Illinois Pin Ball Company
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 12:44:53 AM

shoot me a price for 50-100 fh playfields.
August 12, 2005 12:54:10 AM

I thought it was called Disaster Drop...so I go look in the manual and
it says Suicide Canyon. How bout that?

Jono

Illinois Pinball Company wrote:
> IPB now has the funhouse playfield, Wh20 Suicide Canyon Ramp, and the
> TAF cloud headers ready for full production.
>
> Full production is pending on the demand of these products. Please
> visit the link below for further instuctions on how to purchase these
> products.
>

> http://www.illinoispinball.com/product_preorder.htm
>

> Thanks
> Illinois Pin Ball Company
August 12, 2005 12:56:09 AM

You will get a FIRST.. Nothing but the best for you ;-)

IPB
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 12:59:45 AM

Hey Koz,

Looks like all of your bashing is hurting pre-sales NOT!

Thanks to everyone who already signed up for a Funhouse playfields. We
are closing in on the 50 minimum

IPB
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 1:01:06 AM

How soon can we expect to hear if the FH playfields are being run? I'd
want to see a product before I laid down any cash as well. I love my
FH and would be happy with a new playfield, but I still feel there are
bugs to be worked out with all of this repro business. Will they be
diamond plated??? Perhaps even LS Topcoated?
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 1:09:12 AM

id go one step further on this thread. instead of selling the art
recreated, id be willing to let ipb use my art file if my price for a
large qty was equitable. the art file we created lines up better than
the art on the 2 nos playfields we used. so the original file/films may
not be the best option here. just a thought.
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 1:13:03 AM

We are pending full production of our own funhouse playfields. These
are not the same ones that Wayne is pre-ordering.

Hope this helps

IPB
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 1:27:13 AM

If they were guaranteed to be made from YOUR art I would buy sight
unseen. Period. IPB would be stupid to reinvent the wheel. Actually,
anyone wanting to produce a Funhouse playfield would be utterly stupid
to reinvent the wheel. Darin has already made the art. C'mon folks,
don't be stupid now :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

18. Cliffy Aug 12, 12:27 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
From: Cliffy <crin...@comcast.net> - Find messages by this author
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:27:13 -0700
Subject: Re: FUNHOUSE PF, Wh20 Suicide Canyon Ramp, TAF Cloud Header
(Pending Full Production)
original | Report Abuse

If they were guaranteed to be made from YOUR art I would buy sight
unseen. Period. IPB would be stupid to reinvent the wheel. Actually,
anyone wanting to produce a Funhouse playfield would be utterly stupid
to reinvent the wheel. Darin has already made the art. C'mon folks,
don't be stupid now :)

lol, ipb's new motto...since they seem to have MR. GUMP running
things...

stupid is as stupid does ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 1:49:00 AM

7. Illinois Pinball Company Aug 12, 12:13 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
From: "Illinois Pinball Company" <s...@illinoispinball.com> - Find
messages by this author
Date: 11 Aug 2005 21:13:03 -0700
(Pending Full Production)
original | Report Abuse

We are pending full production of our own funhouse playfields. These
are not the same ones that Wayne is pre-ordering.

Hope this helps

IPB

oh, so waynes will be the 1sts and yours will be the 4ths 7ths and
89ths's.

glad we cleared the air. :-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 1:52:59 AM

You might want to watch what you post Pin. It looks like your
supporting Wayne now ;)

Mamushka
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:01:01 AM

I understand what you're trying to do...really, I do.

The problem is that, by trying to OVERprotect your downside, you're
shooting yourself in the foot by turning off potential customers with
your amateur tactics.

Are you guys running an actual business? Then make an EDUCATED estimate
of how many playfields, parts, whatever, you think you can actually
sell and go have them made FIRST.

THEN, post some pictures on your joke of a website with a price that's
reasonable for market conditions.

Sheesh!

Are you sure that IP and TPF aren't one in the same? Coulda fooled me.

Dave
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:02:34 AM

"fighting for dollars!" ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 3:13:19 AM

How do you know if they're not one in the same?

--
Fred
TX

"Manic" <manicmusicREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e4VKe.6611$0d.5385@trnddc03...
> So go figure - both you and wayne announce FH PF's the same
> day... I'm confused :-(
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 3:39:28 AM

And all this helps the cause how?

Just a rant?

--
Fred
TX

"dinsdale" <dinsdale@users.easynews.com> wrote in message news:D mVKe.138583$GX1.128694@fe01.news.easynews.com...
> Back to anoneymous posts? Looks like Jeff shilling for them
> again from the IP, though. You're unsigned posts are amaterurish.
>
> <snipped>
August 12, 2005 3:56:20 AM

Kim / IPB

Does this mean IPB will be manufacturing Funhouse playfields as well as TPF?
Or are these PF's one and the same?

Also, will anyone who pre-orders these PF's be gaurenteed a "1st" quality
specimen? I'd be more than a little unsatisfied if I received anything but,
especially seeing as we're having to pre-order.

Thanks,
Doug

"Illinois Pinball Company" <staff@illinoispinball.com> wrote in message
> IPB now has the funhouse playfield, Wh20 Suicide Canyon Ramp, and the
> TAF cloud headers ready for full production.
>
> Full production is pending on the demand of these products. Please
> visit the link below for further instuctions on how to purchase these
> products.
>

> http://www.illinoispinball.com/product_preorder.htm
>

> Thanks
> Illinois Pin Ball Company

August 12, 2005 4:13:12 AM

Kim,

Thanks for the quick reply, but what about my first question? Are the IPB
FH fields going to be the same ones Wayne is releasing, or are you guys both
making your own?

If yours is the same one Wayne is taking pre-orders for, the number of PF's
that are getting pre-ordered may not be too acurate. People might pre-order
one from each and only end up purchasing one from the supplier that gets to
market first in the end.

Can you clear the air?

> You will get a FIRST.. Nothing but the best for you ;-)
>

> IPB

August 12, 2005 4:17:55 AM

Darin,

Gideyup! IPB should be all over this like a fat kid on a smartie.

Doug

<azarcadegames@cox.net> wrote in message
> id go one step further on this thread. instead of selling the art
> recreated, id be willing to let ipb use my art file if my price for a
> large qty was equitable. the art file we created lines up better than
> the art on the 2 nos playfields we used. so the original file/films may
> not be the best option here. just a thought.

August 12, 2005 4:22:27 AM

Again, thanks for the quick response. Air's all clear again.

Doug
August 12, 2005 4:46:36 AM

I agree whole heartedly with Cliffy, but something just hit me.....

Whether they use Darin's art or not, isn't the company that actually
manufactures the PF responsible for the finished quality? I'm sure using
Darin's artwork would eliminate a lot (probably all) of the "front end"
problems, but when it comes right down to it if the manufacturer doesn't (or
can't) do a quality printing job what's the point? Why did IPB have such a
nightmare with the TAF fields? Was it bad artwork or just sloppy production
or both? Hmmm.

I guess the only way anyone can be guaranteed Darin quality is if Darin
produced them himself. I want Darin quality! (I've always wanted Darin to
produce this from the start. He poured his heart and soul into it, the
least IPB should do is keep him involved)

Doug

"Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
> If they were guaranteed to be made from YOUR art I would buy sight
> unseen. Period. IPB would be stupid to reinvent the wheel. Actually,
> anyone wanting to produce a Funhouse playfield would be utterly stupid
> to reinvent the wheel. Darin has already made the art. C'mon folks,
> don't be stupid now :)
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 4:46:37 AM

I concur, Doug. I really wish they would just letr Darin do them all the
way!

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 9:02:11 AM

Dear Mr. IPB:

You are clearly reacting to Mr. Pinball (kangaroo version)
and his announcement of Funhouse playfields. But you want
to be paid in full for 50 before you start? 500 Fathom playfields
went INSTANTLY, without mandatory pre-payments and big-pocket
Gene can't commit to making 1/10th as many as some hobbyest
in Canada did? Truely pathetic.

What does "we are pending full production" mean? You're waiting
for your 50 pre-payments before you start? This is just sad.

In stead of Gene and Wayne playing the "who's got the biggest
pee pee" contest, why don't you play like adults. One of you
do Funhouse and the other do Medieval Madness? Both will sell
out even if they arent perfect, and then we'll know who's really
up to the task and worthy of support. Right now we just have
two paranoid blowhards.

Illinois Pinball Company wrote:
> We are pending full production of our own funhouse playfields. These
> are not the same ones that Wayne is pre-ordering.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> IPB

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 9:54:40 AM

Competition at work it's a beautiful thing... It's interesting to
watch the positioning of the players now that we have a game:-) and
watching our beloved pinball hobby coming back to life... Good luck to
all...

Don...
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 10:03:21 AM

they sold 500 fathom PFs????? I had no idea there were that many. Good
job if so!!! I thought it was around 120 or so.
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 11:36:01 AM

JKirby wrote:
> Will they be
> diamond plated??? Perhaps even LS Topcoated?
I certainly wish both Wayne and Gene good luck but, as for the
finish...
I have seen several of the L.S. Topcoat FH playfields and they have not
held up at all. DP, on the other hand, was the way to go. I have the
DP Funhouse Grover sent me from Germany and it looks like the day it
came out of the factory (despite the pin having had lots and lots of
play, as evidenced by certain parts that were replaced with NOS ones).
Unfortunately, the DP folks went out of business. So, when I was
looking for a FH to replace the one I had before I got Grover's, I
spoke with Wayne (by email) and asked about the finish on the FH
playfields he was going to produce. He told me they would have a
durable finish like the old DP ones. We did not get into detail as to
exactly what that finish would be like. I wonder if Wayne got any
coating suggestions from the restoration folks doing that such as Chirs
Hutchins and Bill Davis?
I have seen their airbrush/clearcoat jobs and while these add a certain
thickness to the playfield, they do look absolutly magnificent. So,
apart from the issue about proper colors, accurate holes, markngs,
etc., which I am not getting into, I would want to know more from Gene
and Wayne about exactly how their playfields are going to be coated.
After all a perfect playfield won't be perfect for very long if it
wears badly. IMHO.
Bob
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 12:11:52 PM

The pre-order thing smells like a Jeff thing. I'm wondering of he has
some other skin in this operation that we are not privy to, but he has
used this mechanism in the past determining interest for decals. The
topper and PF seem like no brainers. RGP is but a small part of the
global market for this stuff, so trying to gauge demand here will be
difficult, but I would assume that there would be zero risk with a run
of both. The PF still seems a bit pricey for a game with no license, I
would have liked to have seen it offered for $400 or less. That may
increase demand as well.
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 1:51:16 PM

Agreed, the LS Topcoat PF's don't seem to have held up as well as many of
the DP PF's - but AFAIK, there have been *3* LS Topcoat PF's FH machines
found.

What I have seen is they don't discolor like the regular FH PF's. Many of
the DP games I've looked at would need substantial touchup and clear to make
them look like new, too.

There's a reason it cost a pretty penny to buy that FH you got from Grover,
it was an unusually nice specimin.

Diamondplate does not appear to have been the same formulation all the way
through its use by WMS. Most of the earlier games need some sort of touchup
and clear to look like new, a select few of each title made it through
operation unscathed. DP isn't and wasn't a silver bullet. It was much better
than what came before it, but it wasn't perfect. Some games seem to have
thicker applications of DP than others.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Bob Rentzer" <lawcal@lawcal.com> wrote in message

> JKirby wrote:
>> Will they be
>> diamond plated??? Perhaps even LS Topcoated?
> I certainly wish both Wayne and Gene good luck but, as for the
> finish...
> I have seen several of the L.S. Topcoat FH playfields and they have not
> held up at all. DP, on the other hand, was the way to go. I have the
> DP Funhouse Grover sent me from Germany and it looks like the day it
> came out of the factory (despite the pin having had lots and lots of
> play, as evidenced by certain parts that were replaced with NOS ones).
> Unfortunately, the DP folks went out of business. So, when I was
> looking for a FH to replace the one I had before I got Grover's, I
> spoke with Wayne (by email) and asked about the finish on the FH
> playfields he was going to produce. He told me they would have a
> durable finish like the old DP ones. We did not get into detail as to
> exactly what that finish would be like. I wonder if Wayne got any
> coating suggestions from the restoration folks doing that such as Chirs
> Hutchins and Bill Davis?
> I have seen their airbrush/clearcoat jobs and while these add a certain
> thickness to the playfield, they do look absolutly magnificent. So,
> apart from the issue about proper colors, accurate holes, markngs,
> etc., which I am not getting into, I would want to know more from Gene
> and Wayne about exactly how their playfields are going to be coated.
> After all a perfect playfield won't be perfect for very long if it
> wears badly. IMHO.
> Bob

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:50:56 PM

Actually, that post got me thinking. I was about to sign up but now I think
I'll hold off shelling out $500 to a company that has not yet produced a
quality pf.

--

> Hey Koz,
>
> Looks like all of your bashing is hurting pre-sales NOT!
>
> Thanks to everyone who already signed up for a Funhouse playfields. We
> are closing in on the 50 minimum
>
> IPB

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:50:57 PM

Well while IPB doesn't have a sterling record on playfield production they
have at least made playfields :-) and more importantly they DO in FACT have
the insert molds . . . which basically means its entirely possible they have
the best chance to do this . . . If they were really smart they'd license
Darin to make them.
1st they'd look like they were willing to work with others. (Decidedly
not evident from either Wayne or IPB thus far!)
2nd the best art would be used! (Darin does the best work bar none !!)
3rd the production would actually be complete quickly because Darin
operates under the "git 'er done mode" and it would be right as Darin does
in fact "HAVE A FRIGGING CLUE" :-)

My guess is instead of the smart thing they'll try to add it to their
already impossible work load (especially since the bearcave guys now seem to
be out of the picture reducing their working staff in half ;-) and promise
something they can't deliver, simultaneously further screwing up the BBB
production and then the playfields will all have problems because no one had
time to ride herd on the people working on them and disappointment will be
complete . . . across the board.

C'mon KIM and GENE make a good choice and be an actual HERO !! License
Darin to do them now and I'll bet money Darin finishes the project before
October ;-)

--
Kerry Stair

Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"

"dugmar" <dugmar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o I2dnfiu3fjNKmHfRVn-qA@adelphia.com...
> Actually, that post got me thinking. I was about to sign up but now I
> think I'll hold off shelling out $500 to a company that has not yet
> produced a quality pf.
>
> --
> -Doug
>

> "Illinois Pinball Company" <staff@illinoispinball.com> wrote in message
>> Hey Koz,
>>
>> Looks like all of your bashing is hurting pre-sales NOT!
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who already signed up for a Funhouse playfields. We
>> are closing in on the 50 minimum
>>
>> IPB

August 12, 2005 3:43:42 PM

koz,
Normally, I don't respond to flames on the news group,( I prefer
dealing with issues one on one) but since you refuse to speak to me on
the phone (hang up!) I will respond to this mean spirited attack on
Jeff.
If you feel the need to constantly attack/slander IPB, Gene, and me
that's the price of doing business for us.
But you have no reason to go after people that are employees of or
trying to help IPB.
That would be the reason Jeff was not announced as the webmaster.
No one should have to put up with the name calling and nasty remarks
that you post.
Jeff has done a wonderful job and while you may speculate as to why
these changes have been made. Does it matter?
He has a presence on the news group and is able to respond quickly to
suggestions that are made. Isn't that what you asked for?
While we realize the site is not perfect we are open to your
constructive suggestions, he is constantly making changes and
improvements
Jeff, I would like to apologize to you and your wife for the awful
post, e-mail and phone calls you have received.
Koz, why don't you tell everyone the real reason you don't like
Illinois Pin Ball and me. We both know what it is:(
My apologies to the group for what should have been a private
conversation being taken care of on a public forum
Kim
P.S. koz (yawn)
August 12, 2005 4:04:08 PM

> C'mon KIM and GENE make a good choice and be an actual HERO !! License
> Darin to do them now and I'll bet money Darin finishes the project before
> October ;-)

given that he has shown a whitewood (or did he print something on it?) and
all he needed were inserts it does seem like a no-brainer

and it would be great to see Darin back in the game

henri
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 5:19:11 PM

John Wart, jr wrote:
> Agreed, the LS Topcoat PF's don't seem to have held up as well as many of
> the DP PF's - but AFAIK, there have been *3* LS Topcoat PF's FH machines
> found.

Hi, John:

First off, what does "AFAIK" stand for?

Next, I know of and have seen photos of the L.S. Topcoat FH Pat Lawler
signed as the first off the line, and I personally saw and examined the
L.S. Topcoat FH which Carlos in Azuza CA had (maybe still has) for
sale. Are either or both of these part of the three you mentioned?

And I can't argue with what you said about some DP FH machines also
showing wear, because I drove to Phoenix Arizona and saw one that did
not impress me, although I can't recall it's exact condition because I
didn't study it once I saw that the cabinet was faded, which ended my
interest. I do recall, however, that it had a prominant worn spot
where the pinball ejects from the scoop and hits the playfield.

In any event, the question remains... what will Gene and Wayne be using
to coat theirs?

Bob
August 12, 2005 5:54:35 PM

Ditto! I've never bought Darin's stuff because neither pinball or vid,
he has made anything for what I have... but Funhouse... I's give the
money to Darin now because I know his quality (I've seen it) and his
reputation.

IPB has neither.

Wayne is a good guy (as a Customer Service professional I could teach
him a few things) and he has always done right by me with great service
and prices... but making playfields I've not yet seen him do... I hope
he surpises me.

I'll buy one each of whoever is making them... put the best in my
Funhouse and on-sell what I thin is the second.

As Darin has already started this, IPB would be stupid not to 'contract'
him to do them!

Cheers
MacMan

In article <2NOdnR-ltJNstWHfRVn-3A@look.ca>,
"Menace" <menace@internet.look.ca> wrote:

> I agree whole heartedly with Cliffy, but something just hit me.....
>
> Whether they use Darin's art or not, isn't the company that actually
> manufactures the PF responsible for the finished quality? I'm sure using
> Darin's artwork would eliminate a lot (probably all) of the "front end"
> problems, but when it comes right down to it if the manufacturer doesn't (or
> can't) do a quality printing job what's the point? Why did IPB have such a
> nightmare with the TAF fields? Was it bad artwork or just sloppy production
> or both? Hmmm.
>
> I guess the only way anyone can be guaranteed Darin quality is if Darin
> produced them himself. I want Darin quality! (I've always wanted Darin to
> produce this from the start. He poured his heart and soul into it, the
> least IPB should do is keep him involved)
>
> Doug
>

> "Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > If they were guaranteed to be made from YOUR art I would buy sight
> > unseen. Period. IPB would be stupid to reinvent the wheel. Actually,
> > anyone wanting to produce a Funhouse playfield would be utterly stupid
> > to reinvent the wheel. Darin has already made the art. C'mon folks,
> > don't be stupid now :)
August 12, 2005 5:55:57 PM

In article <11238
> lol, ipb's new motto...since they seem to have MR. GUMP running
> things...
>
> stupid is as stupid does ;-)

Yeah, but Gump had a charmed life... I don't think Gene will be quite so
lucky!

Cheers
MacMan
August 12, 2005 5:57:46 PM

In article <1123819184.922272.186240@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Illinois Pinball Company" <staff@illinoispinball.com> wrote:

> Hey Koz,
>
> Looks like all of your bashing is hurting pre-sales NOT!
>
> Thanks to everyone who already signed up for a Funhouse playfields. We
> are closing in on the 50 minimum
>
> IPB

I never saw anything about money up front... and everyone in this thread
is talking money up front. Have I missed something or are they assuming.

I will not do money up front unless Darin is doing them!

Cheers
MacMan
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 5:57:47 PM

> I never saw anything about money up front... and everyone in this thread
> is talking money up front. Have I missed something or are they assuming.
>
> I will not do money up front unless Darin is doing them!

From the pre-order website incase you missed the big bold words at the
top...

"IF IPB RECEIVES 50 REQUESTS FOR ANY PRODUCT AT STATED PRICES BELOW,
IPB WILL SEND AN ELECTRONIC INVOICE FOR PAYMENT ( CREDIT - MONEY ORDER -
PAYPAL )

ONCE PAYMENT FOR 50 OF ANY PRODUCT IS RECEIVED, FULL PRODUCTION WILL BEGIN."

Sounds like money up front to me. :-(

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
August 12, 2005 6:01:39 PM

> IT'S REAL FUNNY HOW WAYNE COMES OUT WITH A FH PF ANNOUNCEMENT AND THERE
> IS IPB, _YET AGAIN_ TRYING TO CUT PEOPLE OFF AT THE PASS WITH UTTERLY
> INFERIOR PRODUCTS.
>
> let me be the first to pat you on the back for a sub par fh pf run,
> lord knows you really jacked up taf pf's damn good.
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Koz,

My motto is to go with the devil you don't know. If the one you do is
rogering you with a broomstick, the one you don'y might too, but it
might be a thinner broomstick.

I've keep quiet in this debate being Aussie, but now I see IPB playing
follow the leader I'm putting my money on Wayne! Because THEY obviously
see him as the leader!

I's rather Darin do the FH playfields but at least Wayne has never
rogered me!

Cheers
MacMan
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 6:01:40 PM

MacMan wrote:

>>..... If the one you do is
>>
>rogering you with a broomstick, the one you don'y might too, but it
>might be a thinner broomstick.
>
>..... at least ... has never
>rogered me!

This guy "roger" sounds like a real arsehole. ;-)

Rick Swanson
August 12, 2005 6:43:37 PM

Then I'm drinker than I thought! Which is a shame because I just had a
great game of LOTR!

If that is the case... pffffftttttt! When I buy a car I don't have to
pay up front for them to make it. It's a business!!!! Make it and sell
it!!!!

I certainly didn't see money up front on Wayne's request. Just if you
don't register you'll pay more - standard marketing practice (not a
great one but a standard one).

In article <1123855386.f6541420be2fe685472458a59e85e879@teranews>,
"Mike Schudel" <schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > I never saw anything about money up front... and everyone in this thread
> > is talking money up front. Have I missed something or are they assuming.
> >
> > I will not do money up front unless Darin is doing them!
>
> From the pre-order website incase you missed the big bold words at the
> top...
>
> "IF IPB RECEIVES 50 REQUESTS FOR ANY PRODUCT AT STATED PRICES BELOW,
> IPB WILL SEND AN ELECTRONIC INVOICE FOR PAYMENT ( CREDIT - MONEY ORDER -
> PAYPAL )
>
> ONCE PAYMENT FOR 50 OF ANY PRODUCT IS RECEIVED, FULL PRODUCTION WILL BEGIN."
>

> Sounds like money up front to me. :-(
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 6:43:38 PM

MacMan wrote:

>Then I'm drinker than I thought! ...

OK, MacMan... what the heck does "drinker" mean? It sounds like a
positive term, but the context would suggest otherwise. ;-)

Rick Swanson
August 12, 2005 6:50:35 PM

In article <1123851280.938193.177340@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Pinsgonewild" <dwhiting@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Competition at work it's a beautiful thing... It's interesting to
> watch the positioning of the players now that we have a game:-) and
> watching our beloved pinball hobby coming back to life... Good luck to
> all...
>
> Don...

Good to see someone who fell out of the optimism tree and then hit every
branch on the way down!

;-)

Cheers
MacMan
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 7:29:18 PM

On Fri, 12 Aug, Kerry Stair wrote:
> Well while IPB doesn't have a sterling record on playfield production they
> have at least made playfields :-) and more importantly they DO in FACT have
> the insert molds . . . which basically means its entirely possible they have
> the best chance to do this . . . If they were really smart they'd license
> Darin to make them.
> 1st they'd look like they were willing to work with others. (Decidedly
> not evident from either Wayne or IPB thus far!)
> 2nd the best art would be used! (Darin does the best work bar none !!)
> 3rd the production would actually be complete quickly because Darin
> operates under the "git 'er done mode" and it would be right as Darin does
> in fact "HAVE A FRIGGING CLUE" :-)
>
> My guess is instead of the smart thing they'll try to add it to their
> already impossible work load (especially since the bearcave guys now seem to
> be out of the picture reducing their working staff in half ;-) and promise
> something they can't deliver, simultaneously further screwing up the BBB
> production and then the playfields will all have problems because no one had
> time to ride herd on the people working on them and disappointment will be
> complete . . . across the board.
>
> C'mon KIM and GENE make a good choice and be an actual HERO !! License
> Darin to do them now and I'll bet money Darin finishes the project before
> October ;-)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

--Donnie

August 12, 2005 8:23:34 PM

IPB,

I want to root for you guys, I really do, but this is just bad form.
Asking for up-front money for *another* project when the BBB project
remains in limbo is just not right. Asking for up-front money with a
questionable record of producing playfields is not right. One is left
to wonder if all the money for the BBB project has been spent and more
capital is needed for completion.

FINISH BBB FIRST. It has been repeated Gene just wants to make pinball
machines. Now that he is on the cusp of doing so, suddenly he's more
interested in playfields of games he CAN'T make?

What the heck kind of "issues" are you having with distributors? Are
your prices too high for all of them? Why the sudden change-of-face and
now you want to sell direct-to-public? Is it because you want so much
money for your wares you must retail them directly from the factory?

I had really high hopes for IPB once, too. Now it looks like you guys
are heading in a bad direction. I hope I am way off base, but this is
the perception I have.

-cody

>IPB now has the funhouse playfield, Wh20 >Suicide Canyon Ramp, and the
>TAF cloud headers ready for full production.

>Full production is pending on the demand of >these products. Please
>visit the link below for further instuctions on how >to purchase these
>products.

>http://www.illinoispinball.com/product_preorder.htm

>Thanks
>Illinois Pin Ball Company
August 13, 2005 1:00:14 AM

it's an acronym, Bob - As Far As I Know. Same as CYA, NOS, HUO etc...
Adi
www.txpinball.com

> John Wart, jr wrote:
> > Agreed, the LS Topcoat PF's don't seem to have held up as well as many
of
> > the DP PF's - but AFAIK, there have been *3* LS Topcoat PF's FH machines
> > found.
>
> Hi, John:
>
> First off, what does "AFAIK" stand for?
>
> Next, I know of and have seen photos of the L.S. Topcoat FH Pat Lawler
> signed as the first off the line, and I personally saw and examined the
> L.S. Topcoat FH which Carlos in Azuza CA had (maybe still has) for
> sale. Are either or both of these part of the three you mentioned?
>
> And I can't argue with what you said about some DP FH machines also
> showing wear, because I drove to Phoenix Arizona and saw one that did
> not impress me, although I can't recall it's exact condition because I
> didn't study it once I saw that the cabinet was faded, which ended my
> interest. I do recall, however, that it had a prominant worn spot
> where the pinball ejects from the scoop and hits the playfield.
>
> In any event, the question remains... what will Gene and Wayne be using
> to coat theirs?
>
> Bob

August 13, 2005 1:42:09 AM

In article <42FCCE52.7090409@charter.net>,
Rick Swanson <rns510@charter.net> wrote:

> MacMan wrote:
>
> >>..... If the one you do is
> >>
> >rogering you with a broomstick, the one you don'y might too, but it
> >might be a thinner broomstick.
> >
> >..... at least ... has never
> >rogered me!
> >

> This guy "roger" sounds like a real arsehole. ;-)
>

> Rick Swanson

Rick... he's a pain in the... well you know!

Cheers
macman
August 13, 2005 1:44:35 AM

In article <42FCCF28.4030400@charter.net>,
Rick Swanson <rns510@charter.net> wrote:

> MacMan wrote:
>
> >Then I'm drinker than I thought! ...
> >
> OK, MacMan... what the heck does "drinker" mean? It sounds like a
> positive term, but the context would suggest otherwise. ;-)
>

> Rick Swanson

Ummmm... drunker actually. Drunker than I thought... Swapped the hit the
I by mistake because I'd been drunking... er, drinking.

Cheers
Macman
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 1:44:36 AM

MacMan wrote:

> Ummmm... drunker actually. Drunker than I thought... Swapped the hit the
> I by mistake because I'd been drunking... er, drinking.

LOL! I thought it might be an Aussie
term... like "fair dinkum" (sp?). :-)

Rick Swanson
August 13, 2005 2:45:44 AM

I figured there must be something personal. He has not cut one bit of
slack, not one semi-positive remark. He does not seem to be able to even
hope for the best. I wonder how many of us lurkers have been watching these
rants and cringing. No one wants to comment because no one wants to make
waves with someone they feel they might need help from in the future.

Sorry Kim, I know you did want anyone to post. Better to ignore and fade
away. But if YOU got pushed to comment then how are we suppose to sit by
and continually watch these rants. I am not going to make negative remarks
myself, I am going to stick to the positive.

You are one of the sweetest, most helpful people I have had the pleasure of
dealing with. You are the pinball Babe with a capital 'B'. Most of us wish
you the best and can easily see when someone is constantly spouting such
venom that it becomes counter productive to their own point of view. We
have stopped listening to his rants and have started watching the positive
attitude coming from you and are hoping all will benefit.

Thanks again and best wishes - Dave

!