problem with audio on a compaq deskpro

Name

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

Hello.

I have a compaq deskpro (EXD/C600/10c/9/64 NL) running windows 2000
which has
an integrated soundcard (SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio).
Sometimes while playing mp3s, winamp just stops while playing and it
seems stuck at a particular moment in time. Then I can't play mp3s
anymore until
I restart. I have no idea what the problem might be but it's very
frustrating.
Is there anyone else who has experienced similar problems or knows
about a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance for any feedback, kind regards, Niek

p.s. Somehow Win2K didn't recognize the hardware properly initially,
which resulted in the wrong driver being installed and all music being
played slightly too fast (at a slightly higher pitch). I am quite
confident that I did install the right driver afterwards, since winamp
does play music properly now, except that it sometimes mysteriously
stops while playing.
See my previous posting on this subject, by searching at
groups.google.com
for "author:nsprakel@ SP21180".

hh

What else is loaded and running in the background?
HH

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<MfDDc.15145$J82.11969@fe25.usenetserver.com>...
> What else is loaded and running in the background?
> HH
> [..]

I don't have the computer handy at the moment, but I'll report this in
a week or two when I get back to my parents place where the computers
are located, if that's alright with you.
I don't think there are any special programs running that might be
causing this. I also have a p800 there which has the same integrated
audio hardware and it doesn't seem to suffer from the same problem
while running the same programs.