Try this: ASUS Republic of Gamers G73JH-A1 17-Inch Gaming Laptop (Black). Price: $1,648.03 at Amazon.
* Intel Core i7-720QM Quad Core processor with Turbo Boost Technology to boost base speed from 1.6GHz to a max. Turbo Boost speed of 2.8GHz
* 8GB DDR3 1066MHz; 4 SODIMM Sockets; for unprecedented gaming performance with DirectX 11 support.
* 1TB (500G 7200RPM x2) HDD; Blue-Ray Disk Combo Drive; 802.11 b/g/n
* 17.3-Inch Full HD LED Display; ATI 5870 Graphics with 1G GDDR5; 2.0M Webcam
* Windows Home Premium 64-bit Operating System; Gaming Backpack and Mouse.
....... Andy Abulu. Nigerian Animator.
October 11, 2010 9:00:52 PM
I'm looking into getting a new gaming laptop having had my old Toshiba for 4 years now. I'm a bit out of the loop as to what processors etc I should be looking at these days.
As such I stumbled over the above mentioned ASUS but it's well out my price range. I was hoping to spend £800-£900 and came across the Dell Studio 17 which I realise isn't an actual gaming laptop but I found one with some decent enough specs
# 2.80 ghz CPU i7 Quad Core
# 4 GIG DDR (1x4GB)
# 500 GB Hard Drive
# Windows 7 Premium 64BIT
# 1GB Graphic Card
# Built in Wireless
# UK Spec
# 9 Cell Battery
# JBL Speakers & Sub Woofer
# Integrated Camera
However this only has a 1600x900 display. I was hoping to get a full HD resolution although this may be asking too much.
Anyone have any suggestions as to which brands/models I should be looking at? Thanks guys!