windows xp home wont recognise by dvd drives

I have 2 dvd drives both powered and showing on BIOS its just windows that
wont recognise them . I recently had a fatal error where I had to repair XP
and the problems with the drives started form there.
I have gone to FAQ's and tried 'CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears to be
missing after you install Windows XP' to no avail
I have a pentium 4 3.2 ghz
1024 ram
Asrock 775v88 motherboard

Help !!!
5 answers Last reply
More about windows home wont recognise drives

    Had you just installed SP2? I "lost" DVD drives after I installed it.
    Searched all over the Web and News Groupls for a solution without
    success. Tthe bad news is that I eventually had to re-install
    everything. A right pain in the b*tt!

    David

    >I have 2 dvd drives both powered and showing on BIOS its just windows that
    >wont recognise them . I recently had a fatal error where I had to repair XP
    >and the problems with the drives started form there.
    >I have gone to FAQ's and tried 'CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears to be
    >missing after you install Windows XP' to no avail
    >I have a pentium 4 3.2 ghz
    >1024 ram
    >Asrock 775v88 motherboard
    >
    >Help !!!

    CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code
    39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
    Definitely worth a read even if you haven't removed Easy CD Creator.

    "yoyokid" <yoyokid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have 2 dvd drives both powered and showing on BIOS its just windows that
    > wont recognise them . I recently had a fatal error where I had to repair XP
    > and the problems with the drives started form there.
    > I have gone to FAQ's and tried 'CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears to be
    > missing after you install Windows XP' to no avail
    > I have a pentium 4 3.2 ghz
    > 1024 ram
    > Asrock 775v88 motherboard
    >
    > Help !!!

    After you did the Repair install did you re-apply your Chipset driver
    package ? Check Device Manager /w "Show Hidden Devices" and
    make sure your IDE/ATAPI controller is identified correctly. Then
    look at the Disk Drives category. Is your drive identified by it's vendor
    model ID or just as Disk Drive ? Sometimes after a Repair install
    the Primary/Secondary controllers aren't properly re-enumerated.
    You can usually tell when devices aren't correctly identified in Device
    Manager by their description string. Also if there are any "Phantom"
    devices in either Disk or CD/DVD you should uninstall them.

    > thanks for suggestion but already removed upper and lower filters.
    > Neither of my drives are showing in device manager at all?
    >
    > "TaurArian [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code
    >> 19, or Code
    >> 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
    >> Definitely worth a read even if you haven't removed Easy CD Creator.
    >>

    >> "yoyokid" <yoyokid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have 2 dvd drives both powered and showing on BIOS its just windows
    >> >that
    >> > wont recognise them . I recently had a fatal error where I had to
    >> > repair XP
    >> > and the problems with the drives started form there.
    >> > I have gone to FAQ's and tried 'CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears
    >> > to be
    >> > missing after you install Windows XP' to no avail
    >> > I have a pentium 4 3.2 ghz
    >> > 1024 ram
    >> > Asrock 775v88 motherboard
    >> >
    >> > Help !!!

    thanks very much that did the trick

    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > After you did the Repair install did you re-apply your Chipset driver
    > package ? Check Device Manager /w "Show Hidden Devices" and
    > make sure your IDE/ATAPI controller is identified correctly. Then
    > look at the Disk Drives category. Is your drive identified by it's vendor
    > model ID or just as Disk Drive ? Sometimes after a Repair install
    > the Primary/Secondary controllers aren't properly re-enumerated.
    > You can usually tell when devices aren't correctly identified in Device
    > Manager by their description string. Also if there are any "Phantom"
    > devices in either Disk or CD/DVD you should uninstall them.
    >
    > "yoyokid" <yoyokid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > thanks for suggestion but already removed upper and lower filters.
    > > Neither of my drives are showing in device manager at all?
    > >
    > > "TaurArian [MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code
    > >> 19, or Code
    > >> 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
    > >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
    > >> Definitely worth a read even if you haven't removed Easy CD Creator.
    > >>

    > >> "yoyokid" <yoyokid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    sorry no help to you I had service pack 2 for some time now

    "David" wrote:

    > Had you just installed SP2? I "lost" DVD drives after I installed it.
    > Searched all over the Web and News Groupls for a solution without
    > success. Tthe bad news is that I eventually had to re-install
    > everything. A right pain in the b*tt!
    >
    > David
    >
    > >I have 2 dvd drives both powered and showing on BIOS its just windows that
    > >wont recognise them . I recently had a fatal error where I had to repair XP
    > >and the problems with the drives started form there.
    > >I have gone to FAQ's and tried 'CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears to be
    > >missing after you install Windows XP' to no avail
    > >I have a pentium 4 3.2 ghz
    > >1024 ram
    > >Asrock 775v88 motherboard
    > >
    > >Help !!!