georgec

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005

When I login into Windows XP pro as “administrator” following a normal boot
up, within a couple of seconds the top half of my screen cannot be accessed –
ie. my desk top shrinks about half way down the screen. If I load an
application it only opens /maximises in that portion of the screen.

It very weird because if I login under a different user this does not happen.

It seems that my screen is acting as virtual screen.

I have gone and checked all settings and nothing seems to have changed.

Has anyone experienced this??

That means it's a problem for a specific user.
Boot in to Safe mode and perform a System Restore.(Choose any restore
point,when everything was ok).See if that helps.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP