Windows XP will not start properly

September 13, 2005 8:28:05 PM

My PC froze the other night and I've attempted to start in Safe mode but it
never seems to get that far. The windows scanning tool says this:

Idechndr.sys - address F753B8f0 base at f7536000 data stamp 3d99eac3

Stop: 0x000000d1 (0x00000034, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0xf753b8f0)

Any suggestions?

More about : windows start properly

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 2:48:05 PM

"Just1m" <Just1m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My PC froze the other night and I've attempted to start in Safe mode but
it
> never seems to get that far. The windows scanning tool says this:
>
> Idechndr.sys - address F753B8f0 base at f7536000 data stamp 3d99eac3
>
> Stop: 0x000000d1 (0x00000034, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0xf753b8f0)
>
> Any suggestions?

I googled for idechndr.sys and got more than 1000 hits.
Have a look at this one:
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=552945
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 2:48:06 PM

Unfortunately getting past to the desktop is impossible, I've started a
recovery from the XP installation CD and it is currently running sscan disk
for the second time. The first time it got to 37% and then told me that
something was unrecoverable . . . does this mean my hard drive is fried?

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> "Just1m" <Just1m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My PC froze the other night and I've attempted to start in Safe mode but
> it
> > never seems to get that far. The windows scanning tool says this:
> >
> > Idechndr.sys - address F753B8f0 base at f7536000 data stamp 3d99eac3
> >
> > Stop: 0x000000d1 (0x00000034, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0xf753b8f0)
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> I googled for idechndr.sys and got more than 1000 hits.
> Have a look at this one:
> http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=552945

September 14, 2005 3:22:42 PM

If this was my PC then I would rename the problem file to idechnrd.bad.
This might let you get back to the desktop.

If your system partition is a FAT32 partition then you can do this by
booting the machine with a Win98 boot disk from www.bootdisk.com.

If it's an NTFS partition then you have several options:
- Boot the PC with a Bart PE boot CD from www.bootdisk.com.
- Temporarily install your disk as a slave disk in some other
WinXP/2000 PC.

Manufacturing a Bart PE boot CD takes a bit of time but is IMHO
well worth the effort. You need a CD burner and a WinXP
Professional CD (but no licence number!).

> Unfortunately getting past to the desktop is impossible, I've started a
> recovery from the XP installation CD and it is currently running sscan
disk
> for the second time. The first time it got to 37% and then told me that
> something was unrecoverable . . . does this mean my hard drive is fried?
>
> "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
>

> > "Just1m" <Just1m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My PC froze the other night and I've attempted to start in Safe mode
but
> > it
> > > never seems to get that far. The windows scanning tool says this:
> > >
> > > Idechndr.sys - address F753B8f0 base at f7536000 data stamp 3d99eac3
> > >
> > > Stop: 0x000000d1 (0x00000034, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0xf753b8f0)
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > I googled for idechndr.sys and got more than 1000 hits.
> > Have a look at this one:
> > http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=552945

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 3:22:43 PM

I believe it is an NTFS. I do still have my laptop running, I'll try to get
that bootdisk.

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> If this was my PC then I would rename the problem file to idechnrd.bad.
> This might let you get back to the desktop.
>
> If your system partition is a FAT32 partition then you can do this by
> booting the machine with a Win98 boot disk from www.bootdisk.com.
>
> If it's an NTFS partition then you have several options:
> - Boot the PC with a Bart PE boot CD from www.bootdisk.com.
> - Temporarily install your disk as a slave disk in some other
> WinXP/2000 PC.
>
> Manufacturing a Bart PE boot CD takes a bit of time but is IMHO
> well worth the effort. You need a CD burner and a WinXP
> Professional CD (but no licence number!).
>

> "Just1m" <Just1m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Unfortunately getting past to the desktop is impossible, I've started a
> > recovery from the XP installation CD and it is currently running sscan
> disk
> > for the second time. The first time it got to 37% and then told me that
> > something was unrecoverable . . . does this mean my hard drive is fried?
> >
> > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
> >

> > > "Just1m" <Just1m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> but
> > > it

> > > I googled for idechndr.sys and got more than 1000 hits.
> > > Have a look at this one:
> > > http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=552945

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 3:22:43 PM

if it has no id numbers how will I get my downloads from Microsoft?

Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
> Manufacturing a Bart PE boot CD takes a bit of time but is IMHO
> well worth the effort. You need a CD burner and a WinXP
> Professional CD (but no licence number!).

Very good advice.

"A bit of time" is an understatement! Figure on 2-3 hours AFTER you
read all the (horribly organized) documentation.

But, once you've done it, you'll be thankful.
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:30:05 PM

There is no need to download anything other then the tool
to manufacture the Bart PE CD, from the link I gave you.

> if it has no id numbers how will I get my downloads from Microsoft?
>
> "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > If this was my PC then I would rename the problem file to idechnrd.bad.
> > This might let you get back to the desktop.
> >
> > If your system partition is a FAT32 partition then you can do this by
> > booting the machine with a Win98 boot disk from www.bootdisk.com.
> >
> > If it's an NTFS partition then you have several options:
> > - Boot the PC with a Bart PE boot CD from www.bootdisk.com.
> > - Temporarily install your disk as a slave disk in some other
> > WinXP/2000 PC.
> >
> > Manufacturing a Bart PE boot CD takes a bit of time but is IMHO
> > well worth the effort. You need a CD burner and a WinXP
> > Professional CD (but no licence number!).
> >

> > "Just1m" <Just1m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Unfortunately getting past to the desktop is impossible, I've started
> > > recovery from the XP installation CD and it is currently running sscan
> > disk
> > > for the second time. The first time it got to 37% and then told me
that
> > > something was unrecoverable . . . does this mean my hard drive is
fried?

> > but

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 9:27:01 PM

I've got the BartPE running. I've deleted the Intel Application Accelerator,
and now it's running a check disk program. Is there anything else I should do?

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> There is no need to download anything other then the tool
> to manufacture the Bart PE CD, from the link I gave you.
>

> "Just1m" <Just1m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > if it has no id numbers how will I get my downloads from Microsoft?
> >
> > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > If this was my PC then I would rename the problem file to idechnrd.bad.
> > > This might let you get back to the desktop.
> > >
> > > If your system partition is a FAT32 partition then you can do this by
> > > booting the machine with a Win98 boot disk from www.bootdisk.com.
> > >
> > > If it's an NTFS partition then you have several options:
> > > - Boot the PC with a Bart PE boot CD from www.bootdisk.com.
> > > - Temporarily install your disk as a slave disk in some other
> > > WinXP/2000 PC.
> > >
> > > Manufacturing a Bart PE boot CD takes a bit of time but is IMHO
> > > well worth the effort. You need a CD burner and a WinXP
> > > Professional CD (but no licence number!).
> > >

> > > "Just1m" <Just1m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > disk
> that
> fried?

> mode
> > > but

> 3d99eac3

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:32:25 PM

As I mentioned before, I would rename the offending driver file,
then see what happens.

!