Sydney Australia Pinball League

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

Gang,

Having drinks and a game with a friend tonight and we want to set up the
Sydney pinball league. I have 9 pins (Whirlwind,DM, CFTBL, FH, TZ, RS,
ST:TNG, and SC) and would be happy to open the arcade regularly.

The short term objective would be to get a team together to go to expo
next year and kick America's butt in the world championship Pinbrawl in
06! (Sweden's not even competition unless they're sending the 6 foot
blonde chicks with the big bumpers!).

While I get expressions of interest, could someone who is part of one of
the USA leagues write and explain what is involved in setting up a
league... we have none in Australia.

Think Jamaican Bobsled Team.

Are you accepting entries for FY06 Koz and Roger???? How do you guys
want to make this interesting?

Cheers
MacMan

PS: Everyone have fun at PAPA! Wish I was there but I'm working on Expo!

Dont you have a LOTR too?

Haven't forgotten your newest addition already I hope.

(at least I thought you just bought one)

;)

MacMan wrote:
> Gang,
>
> Having drinks and a game with a friend tonight and we want to set up the
> Sydney pinball league. I have 9 pins (Whirlwind,DM, CFTBL, FH, TZ, RS,
> ST:TNG, and SC) and would be happy to open the arcade regularly.
>
> The short term objective would be to get a team together to go to expo
> next year and kick America's butt in the world championship Pinbrawl in
> 06! (Sweden's not even competition unless they're sending the 6 foot
> blonde chicks with the big bumpers!).
>
> While I get expressions of interest, could someone who is part of one of
> the USA leagues write and explain what is involved in setting up a
> league... we have none in Australia.
>
> Think Jamaican Bobsled Team.
>
> Are you accepting entries for FY06 Koz and Roger???? How do you guys
> want to make this interesting?
>
> Cheers
> MacMan
>
> PS: Everyone have fun at PAPA! Wish I was there but I'm working on Expo!

Visit www.pinballmafia.net to see how the Chicago Pinball Mafia league
works. Current rankings and pictures are also available.

With the change in expo's schedule our season will end with both a
Division Tournament and a League Champion Tournament a week before
expo... so we'll be hitting the show after completing fierce competition. :)

-wolffy

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

In article <1123859213.360072.322360@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
skbrothers@comcast.net wrote:

> Dont you have a LOTR too?
>
> Haven't forgotten your newest addition already I hope.
>
> (at least I thought you just bought one)
>
> ;)
>
> MacMan wrote:
> > Gang,
> >
> > Having drinks and a game with a friend tonight and we want to set up the
> > Sydney pinball league. I have 9 pins (Whirlwind,DM, CFTBL, FH, TZ, RS,
> > ST:TNG, and SC) and would be happy to open the arcade regularly.
> >
> > The short term objective would be to get a team together to go to expo
> > next year and kick America's butt in the world championship Pinbrawl in
> > 06! (Sweden's not even competition unless they're sending the 6 foot
> > blonde chicks with the big bumpers!).
> >
> > While I get expressions of interest, could someone who is part of one of
> > the USA leagues write and explain what is involved in setting up a
> > league... we have none in Australia.
> >
> > Think Jamaican Bobsled Team.
> >
> > Are you accepting entries for FY06 Koz and Roger???? How do you guys
> > want to make this interesting?
> >
> > Cheers
> > MacMan
> >
> > PS: Everyone have fun at PAPA! Wish I was there but I'm working on Expo!

I certainly do.... sorry! Been drinking on an empty head!

Cheers
MacMan

PS: And I had one of my best games tonight too!

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

In article <c9adnd2Wye7zUGHfRVn-rg@speakeasy.net>,
Wolffy <sendnospamto_wolffy@gaspar.net> wrote:

> Visit www.pinballmafia.net to see how the Chicago Pinball Mafia league
> works. Current rankings and pictures are also available.
>
> With the change in expo's schedule our season will end with both a
> Division Tournament and a League Champion Tournament a week before
> expo... so we'll be hitting the show after completing fierce competition. :)
>
> -wolffy

Thanks Wolfy!

That's a great wealth of information!

Cheers
MacMan

MacMan wrote:

> While I get expressions of interest, could someone who is part of one of
> the USA leagues write and explain what is involved in setting up a
> league... we have none in Australia.

Try;

http://www.fspazone.org/

We've been around for 10 years+ now and a lot of leagues have used our
ruleset as a starter point in the past or even just copied it
altogether. The best general advice I can give you is to just go ahead
and start it, no matter how few people you start with. As long as you
keep meeting on a regular basis, you tend to slowly pick up people along
the way. ;) Feel free to email me with any questions you might have and
good luck!

Sergio