How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306525

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

steve wrote:
> I have Win XP Pro. How do I prevent updates being installed
> automatically? Thanks

Malke

steve wrote:

> I have Win XP Pro. How do I prevent updates being installed
> automatically? Thanks

Control Panel>Automatic Updates

Change them to the option that suits you.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Hello Steve,

How to enable and to disable Microsoft Update
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=901037

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"steve" <steve@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9brei1pnuvbovm4qoesujgb84a8rvt8v9k@4ax.com...
>I have Win XP Pro. How do I prevent updates being installed
> automatically? Thanks

Huh? <wink>

Anando [MS-MVP] wrote:
> Hello Steve,
>
> How to enable and to disable Microsoft Update
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=901037
>

> "steve" <steve@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have Win XP Pro. How do I prevent updates being installed
> > automatically? Thanks

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

thanks for your help

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:53:09 -0300, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
<anando@mvps.org> wrote:

>Hello Steve,
>
>How to enable and to disable Microsoft Update
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=901037

You are welcome !

--

"steve" <steve@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:mf0fi19pt3985k19vqsbbm8rp3ve5js1l5@4ax.com...
> thanks for your help
>
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:53:09 -0300, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
> <anando@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>Hello Steve,
>>
>>How to enable and to disable Microsoft Update
>>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=901037

I would definitely stress on ENABLE :eek:)

--

"PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23FpQ0jNuFHA.3588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Huh? <wink>
>
> Anando [MS-MVP] wrote:
>> Hello Steve,
>>
>> How to enable and to disable Microsoft Update
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=901037
>>

>> "steve" <steve@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > I have Win XP Pro. How do I prevent updates being installed
>> > automatically? Thanks

Ahhh ok. Yup, i get it now. My bad :eek:(

--

www.ihatewhenthathappens.mvp