2 questions bout my connections

I upgraded my laptop from windows 95 to windows xp and now
the computer says my area network is connected even when i
unplug it and i also have other laptop which connection
sends packets but doesnt recive them...if anyone know how
to fiz these problems or need more info about it please
email me at deadwaits@gmail.com thank you

joker

First off this newsgroup is only for the Microsoft networking hardware.

Second off Either post in the correct newsgroup or post what microsoft
networking hardware you are using. An appropriate newsgroup would be
one or more of the following Windows XP newsgroup, general networking
newsgroup, &/or a newsgroup for the network card involved.