Hard drive activity light

My father just got a Dell 8300. The green led on the front panel is
very dim. Wouldnt be a very big deal to me but he can hardly see it.
Is this normal on all 8300 cases or did he get a dim one?? Thanks.

It seems to me that I have heard that comment before and I have a friend
with an 8300 which has the difficult to see LED.

Regards,
John O.

"JJO" <jjo@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> It seems to me that I have heard that comment before and I have a friend
> with an 8300 which has the difficult to see LED.
>
> Regards,
> John O.

The LED is small and depending on the viewpoint is hard to see. I suspect
it's probably normal as well.

Stew

It looks dim because it's constantly flashing on and off as the drive is
being accessed. All normal.

Rocky

"Mike Hunt" <thegatekeeper@africamail.com> wrote in message
> My father just got a Dell 8300. The green led on the front panel is
> very dim. Wouldnt be a very big deal to me but he can hardly see it.
> Is this normal on all 8300 cases or did he get a dim one?? Thanks.

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:43:11 GMT, Mike Hunt
<thegatekeeper@africamail.com> wrote:

>My father just got a Dell 8300. The green led on the front panel is
>very dim. Wouldnt be a very big deal to me but he can hardly see it.
>Is this normal on all 8300 cases or did he get a dim one?? Thanks.

Thanks for all the replies. Dad was thinking about calling Dell about
this but I talked him out of it. He cant hear very well and the Dell
tech people cant speak english very well so that call would have been
a real trip! Again thanks all.