lloyd

Hello, when I tried to upgrade iTunes on my Dell with Windows XP I got the
following errors
Error 1920 Service Bonjour Service failed to start. Verify you have
sufficient privledges to start system service.

Another attempt got me this error "Error 16070 Unable to install Shield
scripting runtime"

Any help???

Thanks,

LLoyd

S.Sengupta wrote:
> See:-
> http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bonjourforwindows_readme.html
>
> Do you have Norton Internet Security?If then disable that during
> installation.
> Also check the following are running and set to automatic
> 1) TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper 2)Windows Management Instrumentation 3)Windows
> Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions 4)WMI Performance adapter.
>
> you can easily check that by:-
> start>run>services.msc>ok [scroll down the items]
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>

> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>

> Lloyd wrote:
>
> > Hello, when I tried to upgrade iTunes on my Dell with Windows XP I got the
> > following errors
> > Error 1920 Service Bonjour Service failed to start. Verify you have
> > sufficient privledges to start system service.
> >
> > Another attempt got me this error "Error 16070 Unable to install Shield
> > scripting runtime"
> >
> > Any help???
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > LLoyd

Hiya im having the same problem as Lloyd. When i installed the update
of itunes i got the message Error 1920. Service: Bonjour Service failed
to start. Verify you have sufficent priviledges. When i try retry i get
the same message. I have followed your advice to Lloyd but still get
the same problem. In the meantime i have lost the prevoius version of
itunes 4.9 which i had no problems with!!
Any more advice

Thanks in advance
Patrick

Lloyd wrote:

> Hello, when I tried to upgrade iTunes on my Dell with Windows XP I got the
> following errors
> Error 1920 Service Bonjour Service failed to start. Verify you have
> sufficient privledges to start system service.
>
> Another attempt got me this error "Error 16070 Unable to install Shield
> scripting runtime"
>
> Any help???
>
> Thanks,
>
> LLoyd

lloyd

Thanks so much, I'll give it a go, for now I reinstalled iTunes with the disc
that came with my iPOD, I might just live with that and not upgrade. If I
get adventurous I will follow your suggestions.

All the best,

Lloyd