TomeRaider can't read files from SD card -- can I convert ..

December 4, 2004 12:02:29 PM

wasn't really anxious to add another reader application,
since I've already got three or four but many of the files
on Memoware are Tomeraider-formatted, so -- I downloaded the
TR demo. then I installed a bunch of TR files onto the SD
card -- however, no matter what directory I move the files
into, TR won't see any of them.

default is to look under Palm/Launcher; I've also got
Palm/Books, but TR can't seem to find any files -- doc or TR
-- no matter where I set the preferences. (worse, if I set
it to include DOC files, when it scans the card, it locks up
tight.) on the other hand, eReader finds all its files on
the expansion card with no trouble whatsoever.

obviously I ain't gonna register TR. are there any
conversion utilities that will allow me to convert TR files
to something eReader or another application can view?

--

-rafe t.
www.ray-field.com

"ray field" <rayyfieldNOTSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> wasn't really anxious to add another reader application,
> since I've already got three or four but many of the files
> on Memoware are Tomeraider-formatted, so -- I downloaded the
> TR demo. then I installed a bunch of TR files onto the SD
> card -- however, no matter what directory I move the files
> into, TR won't see any of them.
>
> default is to look under Palm/Launcher; I've also got
> Palm/Books, but TR can't seem to find any files -- doc or TR
> -- no matter where I set the preferences. (worse, if I set
> it to include DOC files, when it scans the card, it locks up
> tight.) on the other hand, eReader finds all its files on
> the expansion card with no trouble whatsoever.
>
> obviously I ain't gonna register TR. are there any
> conversion utilities that will allow me to convert TR files
> to something eReader or another application can view?
>
> --
>
> -rafe t.
> www.ray-field.com

I've had trouble, too. The best way I've found is to use the Windows
TomeRaider, open the file, select the option to Hotsync. Then my Palm can
find it. It's probably doing what Jim mentions in his post.
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 7:28:00 PM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:02:29 -0500, ray field had this to say...

> wasn't really anxious to add another reader application,
> since I've already got three or four but many of the files
> on Memoware are Tomeraider-formatted, so -- I downloaded the
> TR demo. then I installed a bunch of TR files onto the SD
> card -- however, no matter what directory I move the files
> into, TR won't see any of them.
>
> default is to look under Palm/Launcher; I've also got
> Palm/Books, but TR can't seem to find any files -- doc or TR
> -- no matter where I set the preferences. (worse, if I set
> it to include DOC files, when it scans the card, it locks up
> tight.) on the other hand, eReader finds all its files on
> the expansion card with no trouble whatsoever.
>
> obviously I ain't gonna register TR. are there any
> conversion utilities that will allow me to convert TR files
> to something eReader or another application can view?
>
> --
>
> -rafe t.
> www.ray-field.com

If the files have a .tr they are Windows TomeRaider files and need to be
converted to .pdb Palm TomeRaider files.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

ray field wrote:
> wasn't really anxious to add another reader application,
> since I've already got three or four but many of the files
> on Memoware are Tomeraider-formatted, so -- I downloaded the
> TR demo. then I installed a bunch of TR files onto the SD
> card -- however, no matter what directory I move the files
> into, TR won't see any of them.
>
> default is to look under Palm/Launcher; I've also got
> Palm/Books, but TR can't seem to find any files -- doc or TR
> -- no matter where I set the preferences. (worse, if I set
> it to include DOC files, when it scans the card, it locks up
> tight.) on the other hand, eReader finds all its files on
> the expansion card with no trouble whatsoever.
>
> obviously I ain't gonna register TR. are there any
> conversion utilities that will allow me to convert TR files
> to something eReader or another application can view?

In Tomeraider on the Palm, press the "Tomeraider" tab (top left of the
screen) and then "File Preferences" within "Options".

Now, first check "Scan expansion card" and then ensure that the "card
folder" is set according to your wishes; then OK your way back to the top
level.

When you move files to the relevant directory, they will appear in the
"Unfiled" category which you might want to change ...

--
Harold Fuchs
Homo Sapiens Non Urinat in Ventum