Sign in with
Your question

27" 120hz monitor by LG

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 25, 2011 7:51:41 PM

I was just randomly browsing amazon for monitors when I noticed this one that just stood out from the rest. Could this really be true?

http://www.amazon.com/LG-E2770V-BF-27-Inch-Widescreen-T...

27", 120hz, IPS?!?! Really, I don't know what to think. I've been searching forever for a 27", 120hz monitor, and I know now they are starting to come into production, but so far every single 120hz screen that I have ever seen uses a TN panel, so what the heck?! How can this have an IPS panel, and for only $440?!?! This doesn't make sense at all, there's just no way. My only guess is that the description of this monitor is stating that all of the E70 models are equipped with an IPS panel, but this is an exception, and maybe they forgot to update the description. If this really does have an IPS screen though, I would pre-order it right now without even giving it a second thought.

More about : 120hz monitor

a c 77 C Monitor
March 25, 2011 8:03:51 PM

Even if it were a 6-bit + A-FRC e-IPS panel, the 120hz and led backlight would drive the price higher than that. It doesn't show up at LG's website, and I don't find either a release date or specifications that list the viewing angles. I recommend waiting until more solid information is available on it.
m
l
a c 195 C Monitor
March 25, 2011 10:48:27 PM

It is a TN panel monitor.

LG Display does not produce a 27" e-IPS panel.
m
l
April 5, 2011 1:09:07 AM

I googled "LG TruMotion 120" and saw a ton of hits for 55" TV's. This is bad. Probably just 120hz screen refresh and not input frequency.
m
l
!