Wrong Forum, but the others seem dead!

i posted this in another section of the forum, but everywhere else bar the CPU section seems dead!

i am looking for a liquid that is better at thermal transfer than wateer, which could be used in a watercooling setup. any ideas??? any help is appreciated!

I am a small fat ginger kid and I lob cow pats at old people, please be my friend

Mr_Nuke

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2004
You might want to ask <A HREF="http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/HydrocoolEXDatasheet.pdf" target="_new">them</A>.

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Hi Ned, I did see your post there, just don't know an answer.

I did see someone doing a project for University with some liquid coolant I've never heard of. IIRC it was very expensive stuff. Wait, it occurs to me now that they were going to immerse the system in this coolant. So that's something different.

Are there any aftermarket products for other systems that use water cooling. Ex. coolant additives for auto systems that may work to increase thermal tranfer?

BTW, what the heck kind of OC are you planning that plain ole water won't handle?

Good Luck and post back if you find anything. You got me curious

Barton 2500+
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
9600 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
liquid Nitrogen..... this is what crazy Japanese people use to make a AXP 1700+ and P4 2.4C the fastest thing around.

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
never tried to go crazy when it comes to o/cing.
THGC's resident Asian and Graphics Forum's resident nVboy :D

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Like the other guy said, automotive atifreeze probably your best bet. anything non flammable explosive that freezes well below zero. try pumping your coolant into a freezer if you want to really chill it. liquid Nitrogen is most likley best but I would not care to mess with it.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

OK, thanks for your help. But I did state that is needs to be able to work in a watercooling setup. Now call me stupid, but I'm pretty sure Liquid Nitrogen might be SLIGHTLY hard to integrate into a Water Cooler!!! lol

I am a small fat ginger kid and I lob cow pats at old people, please be my friend