Win 7 home prem blinks

regmor12

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Just prior to loading the desktop in that screen that says: "Windows 7 Home Premium" at the bottom win 7 stops and every 5-7 seconds or so the screen goes black for less than a second and repeats that continually with out fully booting. What is that?

regmor12

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Its got a windows vista auth sticker on it and if you will read my first post you might be able to discern that there is no way I can look at system properties with the computer in its present state.

regmor12

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
It won't boot to safemode. The owner had an hp tech help her over the phone to load all in one printer software on this computer. Shortly after that happened....next reboot, this problem occurred.

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Was the system upgraded from Visata to Win7? If it was the Vista sticker on the PC should have been "upgraded" as well. Have you tried booting to a Windows installation disc and doing a repair?

In any case it sounds suspicious that a simple printer driver caused this problem. If a tech was helping you thru the process then something went WAY wrong.

regmor12

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

littleleo, you are probably spot on. I believe its not worth messing with. The computer is 6 years old so have persuaded the owner to go with a new computer and not put any money in her old Gateway. I'll move her data over and save her some future grief.