I must have read hundreds of posts, help files, and other such related
information on why FTP will not run. Im not a slouch when it comes to the
computer arena but this FTP issue has humbled me. I am running XP Pro without
Service Pac 2. Internet Explorer 6 updated version 0. No upgrades. XP in it's
simplest form. So I ask, WHY!?! Why won't it work??? Is it just me or is the
rest of windows gone mad...

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:FDD6CCC8-273A-46E1-A123-A17D5CF3805A@microsoft.com,
SmallTownFarmBoy <SmallTownFarmBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to
say:

> I must have read hundreds of posts, help files, and other such related
> information on why FTP will not run. Im not a slouch when it comes to
> the computer arena but this FTP issue has humbled me. I am running XP
> Pro without Service Pac 2. Internet Explorer 6 updated version 0. No
> upgrades. XP in it's simplest form. So I ask, WHY!?! Why won't it
> work??? Is it just me or is the rest of windows gone mad...

Try IE, tools, options, advanced, scroll down, and whatever it's set for
with the Passive (PASV) FTP settings - try the reverse? Otherwise see if
your firewall is blocking it.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I must have read hundreds of posts, help files, and other such
> related
> information on why FTP will not run. Im not a slouch when it
> comes to the
> computer arena but this FTP issue has humbled me. I am running
> XP Pro without
> Service Pac 2. Internet Explorer 6 updated version 0. No
> upgrades. XP in it's
> simplest form. So I ask, WHY!?! Why won't it work??? Is it
> just me or is the
> rest of windows gone mad...

Have you tried using FTP with a diffrent program?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-FTP-blues-ftopict421029.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1407231

My appologies to Peter for posting in the wrong place (new guy). Joseph, it's
okay, Bill all firewalls and everyting to do with blocking a port has been
disabled.

I wish to thank everyone for your help, but the fact still remains that I
cannot for some reason get any type of FTP working. Arrrrggggggggg........

"SmallTownFarmBoy" wrote:

> I must have read hundreds of posts, help files, and other such related
> information on why FTP will not run. Im not a slouch when it comes to the
> computer arena but this FTP issue has humbled me. I am running XP Pro without
> Service Pac 2. Internet Explorer 6 updated version 0. No upgrades. XP in it's
> simplest form. So I ask, WHY!?! Why won't it work??? Is it just me or is the
> rest of windows gone mad...

homer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Are you trying to run a ftp server or trying to access a ftp site using
internet explorer or other browser or trying to access a ftp site using a
ftp client. Need to know which to help. Accessing ftp sites are esier with
clients instead of browsers.

Glen

"SmallTownFarmBoy" <SmallTownFarmBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:707EF2C3-F0BC-412D-B677-DFF79F0370B3@microsoft.com...