I got those FTP blues

I must have read hundreds of posts, help files, and other such related
information on why FTP will not run. Im not a slouch when it comes to the
computer arena but this FTP issue has humbled me. I am running XP Pro without
Service Pac 2. Internet Explorer 6 updated version 0. No upgrades. XP in it's
simplest form. So I ask, WHY!?! Why won't it work??? Is it just me or is the
rest of windows gone mad...
4 answers Last reply
More about blues

    In news:FDD6CCC8-273A-46E1-A123-A17D5CF3805A@microsoft.com,
    SmallTownFarmBoy <SmallTownFarmBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to
    say:

    > I must have read hundreds of posts, help files, and other such related
    > information on why FTP will not run. Im not a slouch when it comes to
    > the computer arena but this FTP issue has humbled me. I am running XP
    > Pro without Service Pac 2. Internet Explorer 6 updated version 0. No
    > upgrades. XP in it's simplest form. So I ask, WHY!?! Why won't it
    > work??? Is it just me or is the rest of windows gone mad...

    Try IE, tools, options, advanced, scroll down, and whatever it's set for
    with the Passive (PASV) FTP settings - try the reverse? Otherwise see if
    your firewall is blocking it.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    "" wrote:
    > I must have read hundreds of posts, help files, and other such
    > related
    > information on why FTP will not run. Im not a slouch when it
    > comes to the
    > computer arena but this FTP issue has humbled me. I am running
    > XP Pro without
    > Service Pac 2. Internet Explorer 6 updated version 0. No
    > upgrades. XP in it's
    > simplest form. So I ask, WHY!?! Why won't it work??? Is it
    > just me or is the
    > rest of windows gone mad...

    Have you tried using FTP with a diffrent program?

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-FTP-blues-ftopict421029.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1407231

    My appologies to Peter for posting in the wrong place (new guy). Joseph, it's
    okay, Bill all firewalls and everyting to do with blocking a port has been
    disabled.

    I wish to thank everyone for your help, but the fact still remains that I
    cannot for some reason get any type of FTP working. Arrrrggggggggg........

    "SmallTownFarmBoy" wrote:

    > I must have read hundreds of posts, help files, and other such related
    > information on why FTP will not run. Im not a slouch when it comes to the
    > computer arena but this FTP issue has humbled me. I am running XP Pro without
    > Service Pac 2. Internet Explorer 6 updated version 0. No upgrades. XP in it's
    > simplest form. So I ask, WHY!?! Why won't it work??? Is it just me or is the
    > rest of windows gone mad...

    Are you trying to run a ftp server or trying to access a ftp site using
    internet explorer or other browser or trying to access a ftp site using a
    ftp client. Need to know which to help. Accessing ftp sites are esier with
    clients instead of browsers.

    Glen

    "SmallTownFarmBoy" <SmallTownFarmBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:707EF2C3-F0BC-412D-B677-DFF79F0370B3@microsoft.com...
    > My appologies to Peter for posting in the wrong place (new guy). Joseph,
    > it's
    > okay, Bill all firewalls and everyting to do with blocking a port has been
    > disabled.
    >
    > I wish to thank everyone for your help, but the fact still remains that I
    > cannot for some reason get any type of FTP working. Arrrrggggggggg........
    >
    > "SmallTownFarmBoy" wrote:
    >
    >> I must have read hundreds of posts, help files, and other such related
    >> information on why FTP will not run. Im not a slouch when it comes to the
    >> computer arena but this FTP issue has humbled me. I am running XP Pro
    >> without
    >> Service Pac 2. Internet Explorer 6 updated version 0. No upgrades. XP in
    >> it's
    >> simplest form. So I ask, WHY!?! Why won't it work??? Is it just me or is
    >> the
    >> rest of windows gone mad...

FTP Microsoft Windows XP