Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporfox99

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hello, I'm in need of the communities advice. I'm planning on upgrading to a new MP3 player soon but don't know which to get. I need one with either internal storage (hdd) of 80gbs+ or the ability to upgrade the storage to that area. I've been looking at Archos again, since the one I have now is from them and it's done an admirable job, but all their "new" line is just giant hunks of s***. They're monsterous and have no memory what so ever. Suggestions would be muchly appreciated, if possible please include where I can purchase one online as well. No Apple products please...I dislike them. Thanks.

you failed to provide information on what features you want. is this for music only or for video? is a scroll wheel or similar interface okay or is touch screen a requirement?

as far as no apple products... its incredibly hard to beat a solid product such as the ipod classic. the thing can play 8 hours a day for over a week and a half before it needs charging and does come in large storage sizes. no other products that i've seen (although i havent looked for a little while) even came close to its ease of use and reliability. i'm not an apple fan in the least but i at least know not to totally disregard them.

as far as non-apple options...what about such products as the microsoft zune? you will want something with a HDD and not flash memory if you want high storage space. if you want good battery life you want to avoid large touch screens and stick with big boxy units.

vaporfox99

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

Music only, scroll wheel or touch screen functionality does not matter too me really. I've looked into the zune and am having a hard time finding the 120GB option they made. On my position on Apple products is not so much because of a dislike of the iPod. It's more a pure hatred of iTunes.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=how+to+load+ipod+without+itunes&oq=how+to+load+ipod+without+itunes&aq=f&aqi=g1g-b2g-q1&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=hp.3..0j0i8l2j0i22.687.4808.0.5073.31.26.0.1.1.1.391.5014.0j8j11j3.22.0.ZnSiC3AnlWg&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=3b2e19c71d66c793&biw=1025&bih=542

it is possible to load music onto an ipod without itunes.

i am not a fan of the itunes program in general as well. the layout and general function of the program isnt the issue but the little quirks like not being able to pull songs off my ipod to load into itunes is! apple is way to draconian with the control of what you can and can not do.

the only reason why i even still use it is because their music library is just so dang huge. it is the only place i can actually find, buy and download international music. google play nor amazonmp3 are even close in comparison.

if you want to find a zune dont forget to try amazon, ebay and other online outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.