5108US - Need setup disks/bios how to/cpu upgrades for

toddb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

A few questions

any one know how to get into the bios setup for this pc?

where can I down load any setup disks/drivers etc?

anyone replaced the 1.2g processor with a faster one?

This came with pc 100 memory, 100 mhz fsb, any one able to run it faster
say 133 mhz fsb using pc133 memory?

thanks

Toddb (at) toddbailey (dot) Net
yes thats my email address and web site,
with a little editing needed :)

toddb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

Update

f10 is the bios setup key,
I also found the jumper to go from 100 to 133 mhz, unfortunantly, the
system doesn't even run post on the 133 setting, regardless of memory
type. Oh well, not exactly a over-clockers dream system here.

hh

The FAQ answers most of your questions.
HH

"toddb" <toddb@toddbailey(dot)net> wrote in message
> A few questions
>
> any one know how to get into the bios setup for this pc?
>
> where can I down load any setup disks/drivers etc?
>
> anyone replaced the 1.2g processor with a faster one?
>
> This came with pc 100 memory, 100 mhz fsb, any one able to run it faster
> say 133 mhz fsb using pc133 memory?
>

> thanks
>
> Toddb (at) toddbailey (dot) Net
> yes thats my email address and web site,
> with a little editing needed :)

From what I gather the 5108US is a Slot 1, 200mhz FSB, VIA chipset. It is
made by F.I.C.. Its Non-OEM counterpart is the FIC-AZ31.
You shouldn't have any problems overclocking this board if you use the
proper RAM. Sorry, but PC100 or 133 ram won't cut it on this board..
Hope this Helps.

Best to All.....
TheGarbageGuy