Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~14..

Hello,

My sister has a Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD
~1470 Mhz system with 256 meg of RAM. Would Windows XP run ok on her
system. If she bumped it up to 512 meg of RAM would that do the trick?

Thanks in advance!
4 answers Last reply
More about processor family model stepping authenticamd

    In news:hcvfi1pcpts7vvgohdnso5chqetaob6lr1@4ax.com,
    Temujin@karakorum.org <Temujin@karakorum.org> typed:

    > My sister has a Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2
    > AuthenticAMD
    > ~1470 Mhz system with 256 meg of RAM. Would Windows XP run ok
    > on her
    > system.

    The processor is fine. Regardling the RAM, it depends on what
    apps she runs. Most people running a mix of common business apps
    would find that 256MB is adequate, but more wouldn't hurt.

    > If she bumped it up to 512 meg of RAM would that do the trick?

    If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't yet add any RAM at all. I'd
    first try it the way it is. If she uses the page file
    significantly, more memory would decrease or eliminate that
    usage, and improve her performance. If she doesn't use the page
    file significantly with 256MB, more memory will do nothing for
    her.
    She should try it with her 256MB, but go to
    http://billsway.com/notes%5Fpublic/winxp%5Ftweaks/ and download
    WinXP-2K_Pagefile.zip, and monitor her pagefile usage. That
    should give her a good idea of whether more memory can help, and
    if so, how much more. She should buy more only if she needs it.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Temujin@karakorum.org wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > My sister has a Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD
    > ~1470 Mhz system with 256 meg of RAM. Would Windows XP run ok on her
    > system.

    Yes.

    > If she bumped it up to 512 meg of RAM would that do the trick?

    More better.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Yes and yes

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:45:47 +1000, "David Candy" <.> wrote:

    >Yes and yes

    Thanks!

x86 RAM Processors Windows XP