How to Upfrade drivers/software for TrueMobile 1300 networ..

Mike

Splendid

About seven months ago, I bought a TrueMobile 2300 router and Truemobile
1300 network card for my Lat L400 notebook. This evening I loaded WPA
security on the router, then went to the notebook to load WPA security. The
notebook TM1300 only allows WEP security. Then I went to dell support site
to look for updated software for the TM 1300. Didn't find any. How can I
upgrade thee TM1300 so I can load WPA on it.?
I have no experience with wireless networks. Where can I go to find info
that'll bring me up to speed?
I also upgraded to XP Pro where can I find info on how to setup a peer to
peer network with xp pro and the W2K Pro Lat L400 notebook

Thanks,

Mike

Molly

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

Hi Mike,
I am new to networking also. I found help for a two problems I was having
with XP Pro at this Tek forum
http://www.tek-tips.com/index.cfm, I would suggest Dell's customer forum
under Networking, and
when problem solving I do a " Google Search".
Carolyn

"Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> About seven months ago, I bought a TrueMobile 2300 router and Truemobile
> 1300 network card for my Lat L400 notebook. This evening I loaded WPA
> security on the router, then went to the notebook to load WPA security.
The
> notebook TM1300 only allows WEP security. Then I went to dell support
site
> to look for updated software for the TM 1300. Didn't find any. How can I
> upgrade thee TM1300 so I can load WPA on it.?
> I have no experience with wireless networks. Where can I go to find info
> that'll bring me up to speed?
> I also upgraded to XP Pro where can I find info on how to setup a peer to
> peer network with xp pro and the W2K Pro Lat L400 notebook
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Look on the Dell support forums as well. There is a lot of info there
about using the TM1300, particularly with computers that didn't ship with
it.

--
Thomas M. Goethe

"Molly" <ctalia4000@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi Mike,
> I am new to networking also. I found help for a two problems I was having
> with XP Pro at this Tek forum
> http://www.tek-tips.com/index.cfm, I would suggest Dell's customer
forum
> under Networking, and
> when problem solving I do a " Google Search".
> Carolyn
>
> "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > About seven months ago, I bought a TrueMobile 2300 router and Truemobile
> > 1300 network card for my Lat L400 notebook. This evening I loaded WPA
> > security on the router, then went to the notebook to load WPA security.
> The
> > notebook TM1300 only allows WEP security. Then I went to dell support
> site
> > to look for updated software for the TM 1300. Didn't find any. How can
> > upgrade thee TM1300 so I can load WPA on it.?
> > I have no experience with wireless networks. Where can I go to find
info
> > that'll bring me up to speed?
> > I also upgraded to XP Pro where can I find info on how to setup a peer
> > peer network with xp pro and the W2K Pro Lat L400 notebook
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mike

Mike

Splendid

Thanks for the tip, Carolyn. I've setup several p2p w2k and win98/w2k,
but xp baffles me.

Mike

"Molly" <ctalia4000@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi Mike,
> I am new to networking also. I found help for a two problems I was having
> with XP Pro at this Tek forum
> http://www.tek-tips.com/index.cfm, I would suggest Dell's customer
forum
> under Networking, and
> when problem solving I do a " Google Search".
> Carolyn
>
> "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > About seven months ago, I bought a TrueMobile 2300 router and Truemobile
> > 1300 network card for my Lat L400 notebook. This evening I loaded WPA
> > security on the router, then went to the notebook to load WPA security.
> The
> > notebook TM1300 only allows WEP security. Then I went to dell support
> site
> > to look for updated software for the TM 1300. Didn't find any. How can
> > upgrade thee TM1300 so I can load WPA on it.?
> > I have no experience with wireless networks. Where can I go to find
info
> > that'll bring me up to speed?
> > I also upgraded to XP Pro where can I find info on how to setup a peer
> > peer network with xp pro and the W2K Pro Lat L400 notebook
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mike

Mike

Splendid

I got a response on the inspiron-networking forum.
Need to go back there tonight.

Mike