Confuse: want to buy Dell Notebook

Free Shipping: Offer for Continental (except Alaska) ???

-So if Im from Hawaii, I would free shipping? Or Alaskan get the free shipping but not Hawaii?

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:58:57 GMT, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "F-117B"
<info.rr.fake@verizon.net> wrote:

>Free Shipping: Offer for Continental (except Alaska) ???
>
>-So if Im from Hawaii, I would free shipping? Or Alaskan get the free shipping but not Hawaii?

I think that means neither Hawaii nor Alaska gets free shipping.

They mention Alaska because it is on the same continent (North America) as
the lower 48 states, but doesn't get the free shipping.

Hawaii isn't on North America, so it's not part of the continental U.S.

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

"Nick" <tanstaafl@pobox.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:58:57 GMT, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "F-117B"
> <info.rr.fake@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>Free Shipping: Offer for Continental (except Alaska) ???
>>
>>-So if Im from Hawaii, I would free shipping? Or Alaskan get the free
>>shipping but not Hawaii?
>
> I think that means neither Hawaii nor Alaska gets free shipping.
>
> They mention Alaska because it is on the same continent (North America) as
> the lower 48 states, but doesn't get the free shipping.
>
> Hawaii isn't on North America, so it's not part of the continental U.S.
>
> --
> Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

I think that Alaska and Hawaii (in Dell's case) require UPS Blue/2 Day as a
minimum method. I'm not sure why that is.

Stew

"Nick" <tanstaafl@pobox.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:58:57 GMT, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "F-117B"
> <info.rr.fake@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >Free Shipping: Offer for Continental (except Alaska) ???
> >
> >-So if Im from Hawaii, I would free shipping? Or Alaskan get the free
shipping but not Hawaii?

> I think that means neither Hawaii nor Alaska gets free shipping.
>
> They mention Alaska because it is on the same continent (North America) as
> the lower 48 states, but doesn't get the free shipping.
>
> Hawaii isn't on North America, so it's not part of the continental U.S.

Best thing to do is call and ask Dell sales.
I am willing to bet it only says Alaska because Hawaii IS included in the
free shipping offer (though I could be wrong).
I say this because my company does the same. Why, because UPS will ship
Hawaii same rates as lower 48, but Alaska is MUCH higher. For an example go
to UPS's site and price a package shipped to Anchorage vs. the same package
to Honolulu.