MB the last williams game ... right?

CC is really the last bally and MB the last williams game.

I understand they made a lot less CC's ...

They should have made a plaque for MB

Scott

MB was the last "normal" style pinball game with the Williams logo.
SW:EP1 was a P2K game manufactured with the Williams logo.

CC was the last "normal" style pinball game with the Bally logo. RFM
was a P2K game manufactured with the Williams logo.

Technically, Williams & Bally games came off the same assembly line at
during the 90s. I'm not sure when (someone chip in here) but at one
point Williams bought Bally and merged production to the same line -
switching every other game between a Williams logo and a Bally logo.

Same group of human and capital resources were used to produce the 2
lines of games. Purely marketing strategy to keep operators happy.
Some players "swear" there is a difference - that's a myth that can
easily be busted!

Except Williams owned Bally at that time. Different trade names, same
company made them, same insides. LTG :)

<funarcade@gmail.com> wrote in message
> CC is really the last bally and MB the last williams game.
>
> I understand they made a lot less CC's ...
>
> They should have made a plaque for MB

Don't forget Star Wars Episode 1. LTG :)

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Except Williams owned Bally at that time. Different trade names, same
> company made them, same insides. LTG :)
>
> <funarcade@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > CC is really the last bally and MB the last williams game.
> >
> > I understand they made a lot less CC's ...
> >
> > They should have made a plaque for MB

Yes, SWE1 was the last "William's" and Revenge from Mars
was the last "Bally" .

--
Fred
TX

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message news:14ednRymd8eJymDfRVnyjA@skypoint.com...
> Don't forget Star Wars Episode 1. LTG :)

Wasn't Star Wars Episode 1 After MB?

Chris

<funarcade@gmail.com> wrote in message
> CC is really the last bally and MB the last williams game.
>
> I understand they made a lot less CC's ...
>
> They should have made a plaque for MB

Sure it was marketing ? Some of the designers preferred one name over
another. Pat Lawlor's are usually Bally. LTG :)

Lloyd Olson wrote:

> Sure it was marketing ? Some of the designers preferred one name over
> another. Pat Lawlor's are usually Bally. LTG :)

Hmmm: Banzai Run, Earthshaker, Whirlwind, Funhouse, No Good Gofers,
Road Show were all Williams titles, versus Safecracker, Addams Family
and Twilight Zone under the (Bally) Midway name. Seems like mostly
Williams to me!

--Bob

Bob Ellingson bobe@halted.com
Halted Specialties Co., Inc. http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)

Steve Ritchie had no games produced under the Bally Moniker - I read in
an interview somewhere with him that he was really pissed off at Claude
Fernandez, maybe this had something to do with it (Claude left WMS to
go to Bally and came out with Flash Gordon, which Steve said was a
ripoff of Black Knight, and until Steve said that, I had NEVER thought
the games were that similar. The 2 level playfield in FG is kind of
wasted, that game could have been produced as single level no problem
since there's nothing "under" the upper level like in BK the bonus
turnaround is. Other than a harder difiiculty of getting to the upper
PF.)