Closed

Boot Problems: "Error Loading Operating System"

Tags:
  • Boot
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
September 14, 2005 9:28:03 AM

During general use of Windows XP, my PC crashed and I therefore had to reboot
it. However, now it comes up with the message "Error loading operating
system" in the boot phase. I have used the Windows XP CD to get to the repair
console, (by pressing 'R' on the first screen, only I don't know what to do
from here.

Any help as to how i can repair my PC is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Rory.

More about : boot problems error loading operating system

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 10:15:05 PM

Check here:-

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Rory wrote:

> During general use of Windows XP, my PC crashed and I therefore had to reboot
> it. However, now it comes up with the message "Error loading operating
> system" in the boot phase. I have used the Windows XP CD to get to the repair
> console, (by pressing 'R' on the first screen, only I don't know what to do
> from here.
>
> Any help as to how i can repair my PC is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Rory.
October 14, 2011 7:01:11 AM

See itis your hardware problem....... ur hard disk is not getting proper power supply..... so remove the SATA cable and re install it....
Related resources
October 14, 2011 2:52:19 PM

I don't think the console will be of any great help. I found it only good to fix the MBR and fixBoot.
You need to actually continue loading (as if installing a new operating system) which will take you ultimately to a new option to (1) load a new Windows or (2) do a repair.
The Repair choice also uses the "R" key.
If you are not familiar, how to. There is a detail post here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/244555-45-performing-...

I've done repairs many times. It works 90% of the time.
June 4, 2013 4:48:43 PM

how do u take out the SATA cable? WHAT IS THE SATA CABLE!!
June 4, 2013 10:10:20 PM

BananaBoy98 said:
how do u take out the SATA cable? WHAT IS THE SATA CABLE!!

The SATA cable is the cable (data cable) that connects a SATA drive to a SATA port on the motherboard.
June 4, 2013 10:13:31 PM

Not exactly sure how removing and reinstalling the SATA cable will help here. Usually this message relates to a problem with the OS (hence the suggestion to use Windows repair) or it could be a physical problem with the HDD. demax has posted the most helpful suggestion.
!