Joystick

okie

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

I have a new Deminsion 8300 with the Audigy 2 (D) soundcard. I also
have a Microsoft Sidewinder 1.0 joystick. I just bought a converter to
convert the joystick plug to USB. But when I go to the control panel
to setup the joystick I get en error message saying the game
controller isn't connected or setup properly and it refers me to the
device manager. Anyone know how to get this joystick to work? Thanks
in advance.

BigJim

you will need the usb drivers for the joystick, install them then plug the
joystick in.
does the 8300 have a standard joystick port.
"Okie" <okie@cccomm.net> wrote in message
> I have a new Deminsion 8300 with the Audigy 2 (D) soundcard. I also
> have a Microsoft Sidewinder 1.0 joystick. I just bought a converter to
> convert the joystick plug to USB. But when I go to the control panel
> to setup the joystick I get en error message saying the game
> controller isn't connected or setup properly and it refers me to the
> device manager. Anyone know how to get this joystick to work? Thanks
> in advance.

I want to say no since my Sidewinder is also connected via a USB connector.
I believe that the 8300 has no serial port connection in the back any more.

"BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> you will need the usb drivers for the joystick, install them then plug the
> joystick in.
> does the 8300 have a standard joystick port.
> "Okie" <okie@cccomm.net> wrote in message
> > I have a new Deminsion 8300 with the Audigy 2 (D) soundcard. I also
> > have a Microsoft Sidewinder 1.0 joystick. I just bought a converter to
> > convert the joystick plug to USB. But when I go to the control panel
> > to setup the joystick I get en error message saying the game
> > controller isn't connected or setup properly and it refers me to the
> > device manager. Anyone know how to get this joystick to work? Thanks
> > in advance.

The *game port* usually was on the sound card. The
Audigy 2 doesn't have one, but has 1394 and extra
line out jacks. The 8300 doesn't have one either,
but the SoundBlaster Live option does still have one.