REQ: JM rubber ring list?

Surely some of you have replaced the rubbers in Johnny Mnemonic and have
listed the sizes, maybe even which one goes where? If so, could you
please share the info?

There's no list on the manual. There's no Operator's Handbook for JM
that I know of. The service bulletins and manual amendments don't have
this info, either. The parts list can be found at IPDB but it's a bit
confusing and there's usually errors. Complete ring kits can be bought
from many parts dealers, but I'd like to go with white rubbers instead
of original black ones and use some of the spare rubber parts I already
have instead. And since I live overseas I would like to have the right
rings in one order.

Of course, I could take all the current rubber rings off and compare
them to the sizing chart. I just have the game a bit far from me so you
would save me lots of work if you have the list ready. If you don't,
I'll probably have to do that anyway, in which case I'll post the
results here.

Thanks in advance,

--Jarkko
(please remove .nospamplease and .invalid if you reply by email)

I see someone already posted a listing of parts, but if you end up wanting
to order a kit, we do have the complete kit in stock for JM- normally ships
w/black rings but we can substitute white at no add'l charge- just ask when
ordering.

Verified on a game we had in our shop, so 100% accurate.

We ship worldwide.

www.actionpinball.com

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"Jarkko Kuoppamäki" <jkuoppam@cc.nospamplease.hut.fi.invalid> wrote in
message news:gTjLe.6459$fm6.2153@reader1.news.jippii.net...
> Surely some of you have replaced the rubbers in Johnny Mnemonic and have
> listed the sizes, maybe even which one goes where? If so, could you
> please share the info?
>
> There's no list on the manual. There's no Operator's Handbook for JM
> that I know of. The service bulletins and manual amendments don't have
> this info, either. The parts list can be found at IPDB but it's a bit
> confusing and there's usually errors. Complete ring kits can be bought
> from many parts dealers, but I'd like to go with white rubbers instead
> of original black ones and use some of the spare rubber parts I already
> have instead. And since I live overseas I would like to have the right
> rings in one order.
>
> Of course, I could take all the current rubber rings off and compare
> them to the sizing chart. I just have the game a bit far from me so you
> would save me lots of work if you have the list ready. If you don't,
> I'll probably have to do that anyway, in which case I'll post the
> results here.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --Jarkko
> (please remove .nospamplease and .invalid if you reply by email)

I'm still rebuilding my Johnny and haven't refitted all the rubbers yet, but
here's what I ordered (Marco part numbers , since that was where I got them
from):

8 x 38-6556 black 1-1/16" post sleeve (but I think there should be 9)
8 x 38-0316B black 3/16" ring
2 x 38-0516B black 5/16" ring
1 x 38-0034B black 3/4" ring
1 x 38-2000B black 2" ring
3 x 38-2500B black 2-1/2" ring
1 x 38-1250 white 1-1/4" ring
4 x 38-2764B black 27-64" ring 7/16" OD

Hope this helps
David

SpamInACan wrote:
> 8 x 38-6556 black 1-1/16" post sleeve (but I think there should be 9)

Thanks a lot for the list. I will try to guess which one goes where, in
order to help others in the future (hopefully not confusing them instead)

In my JM there were 6 post sleeves (outer sides of the loop entries,
both sides of the left ramp entry, both sides of the spinner), but I was
thinking maybe there's supposed to be 2 or 3 more, left of the Crazy Bob's.

> 8 x 38-0316B black 3/16" ring
> 2 x 38-0516B black 5/16" ring

There are two star posts below the bumpers and one above the left
outlane. There are two thick metal posts above the outlanes. And 3
rollover lane guides that have two rubber rings each. If the 5/16" rings
are for the metal posts, one would need 9 of 3/16" rings.

> 1 x 38-0034B black 3/4" ring

Although mine had a 1" ring, this is probably located right from the
rollover lanes. It's not like mine is NIB or even HUO.

> 1 x 38-2000B black 2" ring

This is probably left from the rollover lanes (or above the right outlane)

> 3 x 38-2500B black 2-1/2" ring

Slingshots and above the right outlane (or left from the rollover lanes)

> 1 x 38-1250 white 1-1/4" ring

Above the left outlane? Wonder why this is white...

> 4 x 38-2764B black 27-64" ring 7/16" OD

Left and right outlanes, below the right bumper and left of Crazy Bob's.

--Jarkko