Recommended Resolution for G90f?

G

I have a Viewsonic G90f, I found on the internet that it can go up to 1920x1440, but it looks to small when I turn to it, if I put it to 1600x1200 I see jaggies in games, and same for 1280x1024, can anyone tell me the recommended resolution where there will be no jaggies with out AA?

by jaggies do you perchance mean that edges look like you can see the individual pixels making up the line (instead of appearing like a straight pen line from point to point)?

if so, this is why AA was invented in the first place. if you dont want these sort of jaggies then use it.

you probably werent noticing the jaggies because they were smaller when you set the resolution to max. without AA there will always be some sort of uneven edge in anything but pure vertical and horizontal lines due to the very nature of monitors.

G

so its either AA or 1920x1440?

typically you set the resolution to a comfortable level so that text,icons,etc are all easy to visualize (and typically you game on the same resolution as your desktop resolution)

keep AA on for jaggies, its why it was invented. some games offer 4xAA and many other options to eliminate such jagged edges. other than your hardware not being adequate i don't see a good reason to not use AA.

do you have some reason for not wanting AA on?

G

I have a 4850, I think I cant turn on AA on most games that I play, such as Bad company 2 (30-35 FPS with 2xAA) but some games like GTA 4 dont even have AA, cant do much for those jaggies? I just hate jaggies since I've just started noticing the difference... Guess I'll have to upgrade this card later on the year