Sign in with
Your question

Great News for intel !

Last response: in CPUs
March 23, 2004 9:41:08 PM

Intel is doing GREAT, thank you very much.
3.6 GHz Prescotts are now delayed until the end of the year
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14875" target="_new"> linky </A> !

Socket 775 is a <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14865" target="_new">disposable socket </A>that selfdestructs after a few installations.

After copying AMD's PR ratings, 64 bit ISA, ODMC concept, it seems Intel is now going all tha way, by also copying AMD's old success recepy of making fragile, hot cpu's, that are eternally delayed. Next thing, they will change from blue to green as their corporate colour. Way to go Intel ! It seems like the INQ was right, <A HREF="http://www.investorshub.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message..." target="_new"> Intel is 18 months behind AMD </A>.

---------------------------------------------------
I am severly limited in what my mind can perceive.

More about : great news intel

March 23, 2004 9:52:33 PM

when amd is the second largest cpu company in the world than maybe intel will be worried.
March 23, 2004 9:55:28 PM

I fail to see any credible links perhaps you didn’t give correct url's.

Xeon

<font color=orange>Scratch Here To Reveal Prize</font color=orange>
Related resources
March 23, 2004 10:05:06 PM

Perhaps you're too stupid to click or read ? Don't dispare though, intel is <A HREF="http://www.tmos.org/tech/papers/S0837.html" target="_new">helping the deaf hear </A>, maybe one day it will make the blind see, and the retards think as well. On second thought, that would not be good for intels market share, so I guess it won't help the retards think; it would kill its marketshare over night.

March 23, 2004 10:05:19 PM

re: Way to go Intel ! It seems like the INQ was right, Intel is 18 months behind AMD .

Well, depending on what you’re doing, either AMD or INTEL has the fastest processor, so it would seem to me they are in about the same place development wise. Also, If INTEL felt truly worried about AMD, they could put more money in R&D then AMD grosses in a year in order to take the lead again.
March 23, 2004 10:06:23 PM

oops, yes, i meant that one for the 18 months thingy.

March 23, 2004 10:08:50 PM

Yup still can't see anything worth noteing.

Oh BTW jrosenst Intel already spends more money in R&D then AMD made last year. Be a scarey bill to see if they truly were scared.

Xeon

March 23, 2004 10:10:02 PM

Dude, they have been pouring money into R&D like there is no tomorrow, billions a year, and growing fast every year too, each year more than AMD has spent in its entire history, and the best they come with is <b>reusing their 10 year old Pentium Pro core </b> ! LMAO ! And you thought Sun or Apple was in a tail spin ?

March 23, 2004 10:11:34 PM

maybe you should check your own posts before making a jackass of yourself by going off on somebody.
March 23, 2004 10:13:04 PM

Oh I hate to feed trolls but new flash AMD didn't even develop the K7 they acquired it from NextGen. Engineering master pieces like the K6 just don’t cut the bill buddy.

Xeon

March 23, 2004 10:16:06 PM

> noteing.

Seems like you couldn't "note" it if you wanted to. You can't even write.

Anyway, you're right, it's not noteworthy, after Prescott's fiasco, another 6 months without a new cpu isnt really troublesome. After the P3 1.13 and 820cc debacles, a selfdestructing socket is hardly an issue either, and a 20% speedincrease in 2 years (since 3.06 in november 2002) is also pretty impressive for intel. Its not like they didn't used to double performance over that time. oh wait.. they did..

March 23, 2004 10:17:39 PM

check your facts dude. It was the K6 that was based on Nextgen's design, not the K7.

March 23, 2004 10:26:32 PM

Oh dear, there is no hope for you.

Xeon

March 23, 2004 10:31:18 PM

I don't need hope, I have <A HREF="http://www.pctechguide.com/22nonint2.htm" target="_new"> facts </A> on my side.

Quote:
The K6 began life as the Nx686, being renamed after the acquisition of NextGen.

March 23, 2004 10:31:59 PM

...and why was this useless thread started? smells of flamebait. no one can come on and say intel is doing great or amd is, the fanboys will come out of the woodwork, evne if they are right or not. its like blood in the water lol. as far as actaully responding, intel has hit some bumps, every company does, its just their turn. the prescott may not be the amd killer, but i dont think it was ever meant to, instead thats for tejas if it can pull it off. Amd could make significant progess in the market now if they can ramp up production and get thier 90nm chips out wihtout much fuss. Right now there are more rumors then news, besides the 'genius' of intel to adopt performance numbers lol. Im waiting, the next couple of months should bring some nice products.
March 23, 2004 10:36:34 PM

yeah, only that its not a bump, its a tailspin. its one disaster after the other. A revamped, PR rated 2 GHz Pentium Pro is all that is needed to declare intel dead and burried for anything but large plasma tv's and celeron class bread and butter chips.

March 23, 2004 11:44:50 PM

Xeon you're right. I don't think they are too worried, there is way to many intel zealots out there that can't change their ways. It will still be a long time to show people that Intel isn't always the way to go.
I think one way to prove this is Celeron's. Why buy a celeron when you can purchase an athlon xp for almost the same price. People don't understand computers, only marketing ploys.

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=182011422..." target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=182011422...;/A>
46,400 , movin on up. 48k new goal.
March 24, 2004 12:56:05 AM

Did u drink a big jolt this morning? And have ur balls clipped?

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply
March 24, 2004 12:59:42 AM

It still seems to me that I would be better off with a P4 2.8C and overclock the pants off it than an overclocked XP. P4 seems to beat XP in most benchmarks. AMD still selling lots of XP's and Intel still selling lots of Northwoods, hence prices not dropping much except for the A64 and the EE chips. I can't make my mind up! Help! I'm all locked up!

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!
March 24, 2004 1:57:36 AM

well ahtlon xps at the top end are not as on par or lead liek the ahtlon 64's do against the p4's. but the one thing the ahtlon xps do have is some monster overclocking potential. now osme of this was hampered when amd decided to lock the bartons, but oyu cna always get the mobile version, and i have heard of ppl succesfully unlocking the locked bartons, but its not easy. now ill say today the p4's might be the ebtter choice for oc since it may be easier, but i dont think they can out clock unlocked bartons or whatnot. Of course you can see 4ghz+ p4's, but remember that means like 2.6ghz-3ghz athlons. ghz numbers are not created equal anymore lol. I have sene many ppl oc xp chips to 2.7ghz and farther. of course wiht the right cooling, you can get alot out of either chip. i cna understand why amd would keep pushing the xp line, it owuld be stupid to try and have to push the ahtlon 64 chips into the high end/mainstream and low-mid end. To me, the xp line is great and will phase out the durons. Xp's definitely kill celerons and compete on par wiht p4s of similar class, but yes for some applications youll prefer to have a p4.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 24, 2004 4:16:42 AM

I think The inquirer is credible enough. I have been following for nearly a year. Most 'rumors' coming out of it turn out to be true.
Some examples:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11781(Why Intel's Prescott will use AMD64 extensions, 26 September 2003)
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8548(Intel secret X86-64 project still on the go,26 March 2003)
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8147(MSI could ride the ATI pony, 06 March 2003).
The point is inq does not sign any NDA, unlike major hardware review sites. This make it more flexible, but seems incredible.
March 24, 2004 5:31:50 AM

What is the point of this thread! I agree the inquirer is right far more than they are wrong and are probably right in this case. This is pure flame bait which will entice a response (rightfully so) sure Intel is looking like it's in a tough situation at the moment compared to AMD but things may (will) change.

Stick to the facts stop getting so emotional over a peace of silicone. Amd had the crown a couple of years ago Intel took it back and amd seems to have it again hopefully marketing won't deny amd the crown this time around. It's really just a game going back and forth, there is no need for anyone with a brain to start flame bait wars over which peace of silicone is better.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.
March 24, 2004 5:34:39 AM

Sorry xt8088 that post was not directed at you but spacedonkey. you were the last to post so I just hit reply (I should know better)

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.
March 24, 2004 2:08:27 PM

(darko21, it is obvious that this reply is not intended for you personally)

Get a life! What's the point fighting over which company is better? They are both after your money you know! The only time I will try to back up one of the two companies this way is when they become non-profitable organisations and start giving out CPUs for free! Until then, let them kill each other, I don't care! When it is time for me to buy, I will buy whichever is better for my needs and my pocket. Grow up!
!