Refine win98/winME dual boot

raylee011

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is just additional information for those of you that are making fun of me about putting win98 and winMe together. I know that this is kinda stupid to do, but there must be a reason why I am doing this. I have a chinese writing pen which let me write chinese character on my computer. But the bad part is that they do not have the driver for winMe. This is the main reason why I want to do that. And please don't make fun of people when they have question. If he or she does not have any question at all. He or she will not even be here and ask. You guys should respect those people who is willing to ask question. Thank you.

****Past Post.
Hi

I am partitioning my harddrive into 2. One of them, I am going to put win98se in it. And I want to part winME in the other partition. How do I do that, I installed win98se already, And I am trying to install winME from win98se, but winME will automatically try to upgrade win98se, or should I go to dos and install it from dos. How and what should I do.

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm not making fun of you, but I still don't understand why you'd want to go through the trouble of dual-booting 98 and ME. If your pen only works in 98, why not just install 98 and forget about ME? ME is really just a minor upgrade to 98 anyway. Many people claim that ME is slightly slower than 98 and there are several known issues with ME (automatic backups, etc.) Many of the additional "features" included with ME can be downloaded for 98.

If I were you I'd just install 98. If they come out with a ME driver for your pen later, you can always go to ME at that time if you really want to.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

G

I remember a partition program from i company that i cant remember. Maybe tou know. It was specifically for people who wanted too duel boot 95/98. This was when windows 98 was released. Possibly they have the same program for 98/ME
Ill check on it and post later but for the life of me i cant remember the product. SORRY :(

I can see some logic in a 98/ME machine. It would be nice too try out some of the new (although minor) features that ME has. If you feel confrotable with it you can totally go with ME later. It definetely doesnt hurt.

good luck and have fun
mark
rochester ny
gamerx_2001@yahoo.com

"I thought i would never see a resonance cascade, let alone create one."

G

I just remembered.

The software was called "system commander". Not sure who made it but ill do that search. Ill check later and see if they have the 98/me partitioning utility.

Ill post it here or ill slide you an e-mail

mark,again

G

Here is the sight.

www.v-com.com

Check this out. This should help you with your question. It lets you run multiple operating systems on one HD. Ill send you this via email as well

sorry for all the posts

mark

flavio321

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
oh boy you keep coming back for more...
just use your win98 and be able to right in chinese all you want. what is it about winME that you like so much. winME is a memory hog. only good thing about it is the ics(internet connection sharing) even that you can have in win98 second edition. that's about it... but if you really want to, just partition a new drive. make it a primary partition and install the winME in it. the easiest is to use partition magic. you can d/l if you look around or buy it for for 300 bucks. if you want more details go to www.winmag.com and go into windows workshop...

If you can't beat 'em kill 'em
athlon "SLOTA" thunderbird 700@1050mhz