Window media center

sahil dutt

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hello,
my cousion swicthed to window media center with this my icons changed to window media center .when i click any icon only window media center screen display .what can i do to solve this problem.

EzRiIgK

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2012
Through "Installed Updates" in Programs and Features
1. Open the Control Panel (All items view), and click on the Programs and Features icon.
2. In the left pane, click on the View installed updates link.
3. Select a listed Windows Update that you want to uninstall, and click on the Uninstall toolbar button.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes or enter the administrator's password.
5. When done, close the Installed Updates window.
NOTE: Uninstalling some updates may require to restart the computer to finish uninstalling the update. You will be notified to restart if the update does.

Otherwise, you could do a system restore to before the change to windows media center.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
Im sorry EzRiIgK but what does updates have to do with file extensions? It is one of two things.

1) as Brett said, it can be a virus.
2) You have changed the default file type association. (which is actually fairly simple to do by mistake.)

For 1) Run your antivirus / malware scans etc.

For 2) follow the instructions at this link: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html
OR do a system restore as previously mentioned by EzRiIgK

EzRiIgK

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2012
Im sorry EzRiIgK but what does updates have to do with file extensions? It is one of two things.

Hey Unoriginal1,

I assumed, (obviously, i be the ass this time!! Ha) that 'swicthed to window media center' meant an install to windows, which i thought could be removed this way.

Was unaware of the virus, much thanks to Brett!

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

lol no problem I didn't mean to sound like you didn't know what you were talking about. I was actually seriously asking in-case there was some sort of update or something that I didn't know about that affected the issue. :) I should have worded it better.

(when it comes to virus's Brett has pretty much seen them all!)

EzRiIgK

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2012
Hey again,

no prob. too nothing from it. think the original question, worded better would have given us, except Brett (i looked up his link, which would do the trick if it is a virus) a better idea of what was being asked. anyway did some lookin and found these instructions (on eHow) on running a scan. Maybe they will also help the original poster.

Instructions

1 Click the "Start" menu.
2 Type "mrt" in the "Search" box. Press "Enter."
3 Click "Next" and choose "Full Scan."
4 Press "Next" to scan and remove the virus from your Media Player program.

later, erik