Andy

Hi, thanx all. My understanding of how a pc works is limited but am trying
all as u suggest, thanx. The problem I'm having is......every week I do a
scan disk and defrag. I've noticed that once defraged since a few weeks ago I
HAVE GONE from over 70% free space down to only under 40%....I don't run any
major software at the moment BUTDO use the internet on ADSL most days BUT
not to any great extent. The only connection I can c is this copying Dig pix
straight to disc...Am I right or is there sumthing else going on..cheers Andy

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

ANDY wrote:

> Hi, thanx all. My understanding of how a pc works is limited but am trying
> all as u suggest, thanx. The problem I'm having is......every week I do a
> scan disk and defrag. I've noticed that once defraged since a few weeks ago I
> HAVE GONE from over 70% free space down to only under 40%....I don't run any
> major software at the moment BUTDO use the internet on ADSL most days BUT
> not to any great extent. The only connection I can c is this copying Dig pix
> straight to disc...Am I right or is there sumthing else going on..cheers Andy

Is a Norton product installed - specifically the Norton protected
recycle bin? This holds copies of deleted files. Empty that. Also
look at the amount of space allocated to system restore and temporary
internet files.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

"ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, thanx all. My understanding of how a pc works is limited but am trying
> all as u suggest, thanx. The problem I'm having is......every week I do a
> scan disk and defrag. I've noticed that once defraged since a few weeks
ago I
> HAVE GONE from over 70% free space down to only under 40%....I don't run
any
> major software at the moment BUTDO use the internet on ADSL most days BUT
> not to any great extent. The only connection I can c is this copying Dig
pix
> straight to disc...Am I right or is there sumthing else going on..cheers
Andy

Try running a search for large file or folders. Tell us what and where they
are.

When you are following up on an earlier post please keep all replies in
the same thread.

Composing a New Message

To compose a new message, click the New Post button in the lower-right
frame. In
the window that appears, a form will allow you to compose a new message
with fields
for the sender's name, sender's e-mail, subject, and body. By default,
the currently
selected newsgroup will appear in the Newsgroups field. You can also
attach a file to
your new message. Once you have filled out the message fields and
clicked the Send
link, your message will be processed and posted to the newsgroup.

Composing a Reply

You can reply to individual messages by clicking the Post Reply button
in the lower-
right frame. In the new message window, a form will allow you to compose
a reply
with fields for the sender's name, sender's e-mail, subject (already
filled in), and body.
You can also attach a file to your new message and quote the original
message. Once
you have filled out the message fields and clicked the Send link, your
message will be
processed and posted.

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, thanx all. My understanding of how a pc works is limited but am
> trying
> all as u suggest, thanx. The problem I'm having is......every week I
> do a
> scan disk and defrag. I've noticed that once defraged since a few
> weeks ago I
> HAVE GONE from over 70% free space down to only under 40%....I don't
> run any
> major software at the moment BUTDO use the internet on ADSL most days
> BUT
> not to any great extent. The only connection I can c is this copying
> Dig pix
> straight to disc...Am I right or is there sumthing else going
> on..cheers Andy

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:29:01 -0700 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, ANDY favored us with...
> Hi, thanx all. My understanding of how a pc works is limited but am trying
> all as u suggest, thanx.

Please don't post duplicate articles.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."