Remote assistance question

Hi.
I have perhaps a basic question regarding remote assistance.
I have never used this feature but feel I may have to in the near future.
I am using an OEM-XP Home machine on a dial-up connection.
My little sister just got her first computer,an OEM-XP Pro machine also on a
dial-up connection.
I would like to be able to remote "fix" her computer should/when the need
arises.
Can an XP Home machine connect remotely to an XP Pro machine AND take
control ? If so are there any tutorials/web sites available that outline the
necessary steps to take ?
I have already read the help and support section on remote assistance but I
prefer screen shots if available.
-- I have downloaded and installed Ultra VNC and am also posting to their
forum for guidance with that software.(If anyone here has relevant info.for
this program I would greatly appreciate the help).

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
D.B.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance question

    Yes, Remote Assistance willwork either way, between XP Home and Pro.

    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxprmass.htm

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "D.B." <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02DEBF4-4DBC-40EB-AC14-04A21DD9B43E@microsoft.com...
    > Hi.
    > I have perhaps a basic question regarding remote assistance.
    > I have never used this feature but feel I may have to in the near future.
    > I am using an OEM-XP Home machine on a dial-up connection.
    > My little sister just got her first computer,an OEM-XP Pro machine also on a
    > dial-up connection.
    > I would like to be able to remote "fix" her computer should/when the need
    > arises.
    > Can an XP Home machine connect remotely to an XP Pro machine AND take
    > control ? If so are there any tutorials/web sites available that outline the
    > necessary steps to take ?
    > I have already read the help and support section on remote assistance but I
    > prefer screen shots if available.
    > -- I have downloaded and installed Ultra VNC and am also posting to their
    > forum for guidance with that software.(If anyone here has relevant info.for
    > this program I would greatly appreciate the help).
    >
    > Thanks for any and all suggestions.
    > D.B.

    Thanks Doug
    --

    "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Yes, Remote Assistance willwork either way, between XP Home and Pro.
    >
    > http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxprmass.htm

    > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > http://www.dougknox.com
    > --------------------------------
    > --------------------------------
    > Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    > "D.B." <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02DEBF4-4DBC-40EB-AC14-04A21DD9B43E@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi.
    > > I have perhaps a basic question regarding remote assistance.
    > > I have never used this feature but feel I may have to in the near future.
    > > I am using an OEM-XP Home machine on a dial-up connection.
    > > My little sister just got her first computer,an OEM-XP Pro machine also on a
    > > dial-up connection.
    > > I would like to be able to remote "fix" her computer should/when the need
    > > arises.
    > > Can an XP Home machine connect remotely to an XP Pro machine AND take
    > > control ? If so are there any tutorials/web sites available that outline the
    > > necessary steps to take ?
    > > I have already read the help and support section on remote assistance but I
    > > prefer screen shots if available.
    > > -- I have downloaded and installed Ultra VNC and am also posting to their
    > > forum for guidance with that software.(If anyone here has relevant info.for
    > > this program I would greatly appreciate the help).
    > >
    > > Thanks for any and all suggestions.
    > > D.B.

Dial Up Connection Windows XP