Remote assistance question

September 14, 2005 1:57:04 PM

Hi.
I have perhaps a basic question regarding remote assistance.
I have never used this feature but feel I may have to in the near future.
I am using an OEM-XP Home machine on a dial-up connection.
My little sister just got her first computer,an OEM-XP Pro machine also on a
dial-up connection.
I would like to be able to remote "fix" her computer should/when the need
arises.
Can an XP Home machine connect remotely to an XP Pro machine AND take
control ? If so are there any tutorials/web sites available that outline the
necessary steps to take ?
I have already read the help and support section on remote assistance but I
prefer screen shots if available.
-- I have downloaded and installed Ultra VNC and am also posting to their
forum for guidance with that software.(If anyone here has relevant info.for
this program I would greatly appreciate the help).

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
D.B.
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 10:18:51 PM

Yes, Remote Assistance willwork either way, between XP Home and Pro.

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxprmass.htm

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"D.B." <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D 02DEBF4-4DBC-40EB-AC14-04A21DD9B43E@microsoft.com...
> Hi.
> I have perhaps a basic question regarding remote assistance.
> I have never used this feature but feel I may have to in the near future.
> I am using an OEM-XP Home machine on a dial-up connection.
> My little sister just got her first computer,an OEM-XP Pro machine also on a
> dial-up connection.
> I would like to be able to remote "fix" her computer should/when the need
> arises.
> Can an XP Home machine connect remotely to an XP Pro machine AND take
> control ? If so are there any tutorials/web sites available that outline the
> necessary steps to take ?
> I have already read the help and support section on remote assistance but I
> prefer screen shots if available.
> -- I have downloaded and installed Ultra VNC and am also posting to their
> forum for guidance with that software.(If anyone here has relevant info.for
> this program I would greatly appreciate the help).
>
> Thanks for any and all suggestions.
> D.B.
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 6:35:02 AM