Hello,
PLEASE GUIDE ME ..I HAVE LOST THE INSTALLATION CD
BUT THE ADSL MODEM IS THERE
I HAVE WINDOWS 7

More about : working

a b \ Driver
a c 204 $ Windows 7
November 27, 2012 1:33:32 PM

sound like not just the cd that is not working, the caps lock on the keyboard is not working either.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2012 1:40:20 PM

I presume you are looking for a driver or something for the adsl modem.
Just look at the model name,number of the router and its brand and google for the driver.
If you want to access the router to change settings you will also find a sticker on the router with an Ip address to connect to the routers main menu with a username and password.
If it does not work there should be a reset button to restore the router to its factory default settings where the information given on the router should allow you to access it.
m
l
Related resources
November 27, 2012 2:00:37 PM

I love that he describes losing a CD as the CD "not working."

Anyway, modems and routers don't need setup discs. Manufacturers include them for simplicity, you can set it up manually in 90 seconds if you know what you're doing. Just Google for setup instructions for your modem.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2012 2:08:15 PM

BHAGIARMY said:
Hello,
PLEASE GUIDE ME ..I HAVE LOST THE INSTALLATION CD
BUT THE ADSL MODEM IS THERE
I HAVE WINDOWS 7

1. When the CD drive does not work, it's corruption of the registry. Same problem reported hundreds of times here in Toms forum.
2. There is NO stand alone driver, for the CD drive. The driver loads ONLY when the operating system is loaded. You CANNOT download the driver separately, from anywhere.

This problem has been reported so many times, I'm pretty surprised you have not learned about the solution.

In the device manager, right click on the dvd drive and click on Uninstall.

2. Click on the Start button, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

3. In the User Account Control window, type your password or click Continue.

4. In Registry Editor, expand the following registry path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class

5. Under Class, click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

6. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click on Delete.

7. Click on Yes when prompted to delete the registry value.

8. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click on Delete.

9. Click on Yes when prompted to delete the registry value.

10. Quit Registry Editor by clicking Exit on the File menu.

11. Restart the computer.

ALSO, you can reload windows 7, in "upgrade mode" this reinstalls the corrupted driver. But does not erase your programs and personal files.
The corruption is caused by automatic updates.
SO, if your updates are turned on, after you fix the problem, the same problem may happen again, after the computer automatically "updates."
The SAME exact problem occurs in XP, Vista, and other OSystems, after automatically updating.

This is why so many of us have turned automatic updates OFF. You might want to use critical updates only, manually, to avoid automatic updates.
You might want to check the manufacturer, for a list of the incompatible updates.

It happens more on older computers. However, there are several newer computers that cannot update correctly, without loosing the video driver, the audio driver, or the CD driver. CONFIRMED

* DO NOT install "free" tools from the internet, that claim they will "fix problems." You have been WARNED.

m
l
!