JB

When fax tries to dial out the error is no dial tone, however I have checked
the connection using the modem query, fine, I have tested the modem in
hyperlink and it dials, and I have all cables plugged in correctly.
According to windows the modem works but according to fax it doesn't?

Is it a FAX modem? Are you disconnecting from the Internet
before trying to send a FAX?

some support

"jb" <jb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| When fax tries to dial out the error is no dial tone,
however I have checked
| the connection using the modem query, fine, I have tested
the modem in
| hyperlink and it dials, and I have all cables plugged in
correctly.
| According to windows the modem works but according to fax
it doesn't?

JB

it is a fax modem. It has voice,fax,speakerphone capabilities. I connect to
the internet with DSL.

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> Is it a FAX modem? Are you disconnecting from the Internet
> before trying to send a FAX?

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "jb" <jb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | When fax tries to dial out the error is no dial tone,
> however I have checked
> | the connection using the modem query, fine, I have tested
> the modem in
> | hyperlink and it dials, and I have all cables plugged in
> correctly.
> | According to windows the modem works but according to fax
> it doesn't?

You can't send a fax through a DSL connection. You have to connect the phone
line (without the DSL filter) directly from the output jack of the fax modem
to the phone jack ( the DSL Modem is not in this connection at any time).
DSL is a digital connection. A fax needs an analog connection. You must
connect directly to the phone jack from the fax modem. I use fax modem as
well as my cable connection without any problems, in fact I can send a fax
while reading my e-mail. The only time I have had any problems, is when I am
on the phone, forget and will try and send a fax at the same time I am
talking. I do remember when I hear the modem trying to dial out in my ear.

Plug a phone duplex (2 outlet) jack into the wall. Plug a filter with the
DSL connection from the DSL modem into one side and then plug the fax modem
connection into the other side without a filter. You should get a dial tone
and it should work just fine.

"old" devildog
-- Simper Fi --
____________________________

| it is a fax modem. It has voice,fax,speakerphone capabilities. I connect
| the internet with DSL.
|

| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > Is it a FAX modem? Are you disconnecting from the Internet
| > before trying to send a FAX?
| >

| > --
| > some support
| > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| >

| > "jb" <jb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | When fax tries to dial out the error is no dial tone,
| > however I have checked
| > | the connection using the modem query, fine, I have tested
| > the modem in
| > | hyperlink and it dials, and I have all cables plugged in
| > correctly.
| > | According to windows the modem works but according to fax
| > it doesn't?

TRENDING THREADS