microsoft fax

When fax tries to dial out the error is no dial tone, however I have checked
the connection using the modem query, fine, I have tested the modem in
hyperlink and it dials, and I have all cables plugged in correctly.
According to windows the modem works but according to fax it doesn't?
3 answers Last reply
More about microsoft

    Is it a FAX modem? Are you disconnecting from the Internet
    before trying to send a FAX?

    some support

    "jb" <jb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | When fax tries to dial out the error is no dial tone,
    however I have checked
    | the connection using the modem query, fine, I have tested
    the modem in
    | hyperlink and it dials, and I have all cables plugged in
    correctly.
    | According to windows the modem works but according to fax
    it doesn't?

    it is a fax modem. It has voice,fax,speakerphone capabilities. I connect to
    the internet with DSL.

    "Jim Macklin" wrote:

    > Is it a FAX modem? Are you disconnecting from the Internet
    > before trying to send a FAX?

    > some support
    > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
    >

    > "jb" <jb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | When fax tries to dial out the error is no dial tone,
    > however I have checked
    > | the connection using the modem query, fine, I have tested
    > the modem in
    > | hyperlink and it dials, and I have all cables plugged in
    > correctly.
    > | According to windows the modem works but according to fax
    > it doesn't?

    You can't send a fax through a DSL connection. You have to connect the phone
    line (without the DSL filter) directly from the output jack of the fax modem
    to the phone jack ( the DSL Modem is not in this connection at any time).
    DSL is a digital connection. A fax needs an analog connection. You must
    connect directly to the phone jack from the fax modem. I use fax modem as
    well as my cable connection without any problems, in fact I can send a fax
    while reading my e-mail. The only time I have had any problems, is when I am
    on the phone, forget and will try and send a fax at the same time I am
    talking. I do remember when I hear the modem trying to dial out in my ear.

    Plug a phone duplex (2 outlet) jack into the wall. Plug a filter with the
    DSL connection from the DSL modem into one side and then plug the fax modem
    connection into the other side without a filter. You should get a dial tone
    and it should work just fine.

    "old" devildog
    -- Simper Fi --
    ____________________________

    | it is a fax modem. It has voice,fax,speakerphone capabilities. I connect
    | the internet with DSL.
    |

    | "Jim Macklin" wrote:
    |
    | > Is it a FAX modem? Are you disconnecting from the Internet
    | > before trying to send a FAX?
    | >

    | > --
    | > some support
    | > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
    | >

    | > "jb" <jb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > | When fax tries to dial out the error is no dial tone,
    | > however I have checked
    | > | the connection using the modem query, fine, I have tested
    | > the modem in
    | > | hyperlink and it dials, and I have all cables plugged in
    | > correctly.
    | > | According to windows the modem works but according to fax
    | > it doesn't?

Fax Modem Microsoft Windows XP