HELP: DVD/CD burning woes :S

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Am wondering whether Windows XP has support DVD burning just like the CD
burning feature. Dragging files to the CD-R drive makes Windows XP burn them
to CD. How about support for DVD-R drives under Windows XP? Is it possible
to do the same?

The reason is because I have not found one CD/DVD burning software that
supports/burns unicode/chinese characters in filenames. Is there such a
program available?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

KevinGPO wrote:

> Am wondering whether Windows XP has support DVD burning just like the CD
> burning feature. Dragging files to the CD-R drive makes Windows XP burn them
> to CD. How about support for DVD-R drives under Windows XP? Is it possible
> to do the same?
>
> The reason is because I have not found one CD/DVD burning software that
> supports/burns unicode/chinese characters in filenames. Is there such a
> program available?

XP has no native support for DVD burning. 3rd party software is needed.
Sorry I can't help with your issue about unicode/chinese characters.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

KevinGPO wrote:

> Am wondering whether Windows XP has support DVD burning just like the CD
> burning feature. Dragging files to the CD-R drive makes Windows XP burn them
> to CD. How about support for DVD-R drives under Windows XP? Is it possible
> to do the same?
>
> The reason is because I have not found one CD/DVD burning software that
> supports/burns unicode/chinese characters in filenames. Is there such a
> program available?

IIRC, Windows XP does not directly support burning to DVD
drives in any of the video formats. However, there are plenty
of DVD burning applications and one could do a search via
Google for them.

TRENDING THREADS