Sign in with
Your question

Should I buy AMD or Intel?

Last response: in CPUs
March 27, 2004 6:24:24 PM

Hi all, what kind of CPU should I get? An AMD Athlon or Pentium 4?

Gary Hendricks
<A HREF="http://www.digital-music-guide.com" target="_new">www.digital-music-guide.com&lt;/A>

More about : buy amd intel

March 27, 2004 6:38:49 PM

It depends on your needs, your budget and your actual 'rig. It is impossible to recommend a particular CPU over an other if you don't tell us what you want to do with your system and how much money you are willing to spend.

Keep that money in your pockets until you can answer those simple questions.

Fok Speling Misstake
March 27, 2004 6:41:23 PM

OK if you are a gamer you should get the new AMD64 any of the AMD64's will do just grab one that is in your price range. One big thing in a comp for gamers though is the Vidcard. Make sure you don't downgrade you vid card to upgrade you CPU if you are a gamer. Now if you are a Video audio encoding person that you want Intel in your computer. It all comes down to what you want your computer to do. GO look at the benchmarks and see what CPU best suits you. If you rarely ever use photoshop and video and audio encoding software and almost always use games then go AMD. Also if you always seem to be running tons of applications that are CPU dependent you might like Intel more. I don't ever do stuff like that. I run CPU dependent applications by them selves. In the end just find whats right for you. Right now Intel and AMD are tied for the best CPU in high end and midrang CPU. If you are going for a Cheap comp then go AMD (that is unless you aren't a gamer and use the CPU all the time for stuff that the XP proccessor sux at like I said before look at the benchmarks)

Ah and one more thing next time be more discriptive in what you are looking to get out of your computer as now adays post like this seem to be more like flame bait then anything else. Also look around a bit before posting something like this. The same title as this one was up here only a few days ago Im sure if you go back and seach though the pages of Posts you will find it.

If you Posted to make sure the CPU was right for you then you should have been more discritive in what you wanted instead of just asking what CPU is best for you. Personly I have no clue what works for you. If you want us to help you with you choice then we need info man. Help the flow of information don't hinder it :p .

-------------------------------------------------
Remember what your fighting for, Remember why you even started fighting, and Remember who you are
Related resources
March 27, 2004 6:41:49 PM

Ack I found it first but I write way to much :p 

-------------------------------------------------
Remember what your fighting for, Remember why you even started fighting, and Remember who you are<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Frozen_Fallout on 03/27/04 02:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
March 27, 2004 8:33:07 PM

whats wrong with you man? you keep asking stupid questions. there are thousands of pages in this section alone to help you make your own decision.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!
March 28, 2004 12:57:26 AM

VIA C3 rulez

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
March 28, 2004 3:19:09 AM

Nah go for a powerpc970 computer lol
!