Kern

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2005

I need to do a manual uninstall of .Net Framework in order to try
and get Service Pack 1 to install (Same problem as many others -
Service Pack update fails). Using the Add/Remove Programs entry says
the configuration data is corrupt and to contact support.

Well I don't have or wish to spend $35? an hour?/per call? in
addition to a long distance phone bill with Microsoft to get the
answer so I am using this.

Reinstall .NET Framework, then uninstall it.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package - Direct Download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

Note: You should be installing SP2 rather than SP1 at this time.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Kern" wrote:

| I need to do a manual uninstall of .Net Framework in order to try
| and get Service Pack 1 to install (Same problem as many others -
| Service Pack update fails). Using the Add/Remove Programs entry says
| the configuration data is corrupt and to contact support.
|
| Well I don't have or wish to spend $35? an hour?/per call? in
| addition to a long distance phone bill with Microsoft to get the
| answer so I am using this.

Maybe they want to install SP1 first, and then SP2

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in
message news:%23AHDX1VuFHA.664@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: Reinstall .NET Framework, then uninstall it.
:
: Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable
Package - Direct Download
:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
:
: Note: You should be installing SP2 rather than SP1 at
this time.
:
: --
: Carey Frisch
: Microsoft MVP
: Windows XP - Shell/User
: Microsoft Newsgroups
:
: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:
: "Kern" wrote:
:
: | I need to do a manual uninstall of .Net Framework in
order to try
: | and get Service Pack 1 to install (Same problem as many
others -
: | Service Pack update fails). Using the Add/Remove
Programs entry says
: | the configuration data is corrupt and to contact
support.
: |
: | Well I don't have or wish to spend $35? an hour?/per
call? in
: | addition to a long distance phone bill with Microsoft to
get the
: | answer so I am using this.

Malke

Mike Mueller wrote:

> Maybe they want to install SP1 first, and then SP2

Maybe, but that would be unnecessary.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Kern

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2005

> Reinstall .NET Framework, then uninstall it.
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package -
Direct
I tried doing a reinstall using that file but the install delivers
a message saying that Microsoft .NET Framework install failed.
Contact support.

Now back to the original question.

BTW. .NET Framework was installed when this system was running
Windows ME. It had the latest available service pack for
.NET Framework 1.1. It seems that installing Windows XP did it's
own processing with that information and so now I'm in this mess.