this has been asked before i,m sure. got no sound on my presario 5005sr.
has onboard sound and doesn't work.checked the drivers and they say "enabled
but inactive for an unknow reason.

got a sound card and tried that,same message. so it can't be the onboard.
if both the card & onboard say the same thing what could be the prob?

been to compaq sites but no help there. does anybody here know what i,m
talking about and have any help? Thanks kathy

hh

Does your Presario have the original operating system (Windows Me) or have
you upgraded? When you tried the Soundcard, did you disable the onboard
audio in Windows Device Manager?
HH