FYI: Circuit City has reinstated their 15% restocking fee

While I was there getting my new CD/RW drive I noticed a sign stating the
following:
Digital cameras, camcorders, desktop PCs, notebook PCs, monitors, printers,
scanners and radar detectors must be returned within 14 days of the sale
date, and (except where prohibited by law) are subject to a 15% restocking
fee if returned opened or in a non-factory sealed box.

When this was in effect before, I refused to buy anything there, and now I
know where NOT to go for any of the above items. It just isn't worth the
risk. I asked the clerk twice to make sure the CD/RW drive didn't come
under that.

I won't shop there anyway.. I have heard too many horror stories &
they tend to hire very rude salespeople at the only CC in the area..

When I purchase locally, I generally purchase from a local shop, and
not a national chain.. I find I get better prices, fresher stock, and
better service. ( I also am not forced to try and shop with music
blaring because some kid is "testing" a stereo at it max volume, which
happens at CC all the time.)

YMMV,
JM