Bally Playboy

Got a small problem. I turned on the machine today and only the
Playfield lights came on. no music and no display. I opened up the
back box and turned on the machine again and the led turned on and
went off, nothing else. I checked all the fuses and they are good. So
I take it that this means there is a problem with the mpu board. I'm
wondering if this is a fixable thing or would it just be easier to buy
the ULTIMATE Bally & Stern MPU board?

If you work on your machines yourself, You should check out Clay's
guide on the web, do a search for "pinball repair" and you will find
it. If you still have the original mpu board and original battery on
it (orig battery=bad!!!), if it doesn't look like to much corrosion on
the board it might be worth a try to send it to Coin-op repair back
east. Or like you said, go with the sure-fire method and kick down for
the ultimate mpu. Of course, you could have problems elsewhere, such as
in the power supply, connectors, or voltage regulator board, and that
is where Clay's giude comes in. Or you could sell it to me as is
;}......
Good luck, Bob

http://marvin3m.com/bally/index2.htm
and go to the LED FLASH SEQUENCE link in the
table of contents.

Arcade Junkie wrote:
> Got a small problem. I turned on the machine today and only the
> Playfield lights came on. no music and no display. I opened up the
> back box and turned on the machine again and the led turned on and
> went off, nothing else. I checked all the fuses and they are good. So
> I take it that this means there is a problem with the mpu board. I'm
> wondering if this is a fixable thing or would it just be easier to buy
> the ULTIMATE Bally & Stern MPU board?

Check the Mr Pinball (NOT Australia!) collector register and see if
someone is close to you that can come over and give you some pointers.

-cody

Thanks for the insight on clays guide. I beleive I can fix it from
using this.

On 13 Aug 2005 17:04:52 -0700, rsbrownhb@verizon.net wrote:

>If you work on your machines yourself, You should check out Clay's
>guide on the web, do a search for "pinball repair" and you will find
>it. If you still have the original mpu board and original battery on
>it (orig battery=bad!!!), if it doesn't look like to much corrosion on
>the board it might be worth a try to send it to Coin-op repair back
>east. Or like you said, go with the sure-fire method and kick down for
>the ultimate mpu. Of course, you could have problems elsewhere, such as
>in the power supply, connectors, or voltage regulator board, and that
>is where Clay's giude comes in. Or you could sell it to me as is
>;}......
>Good luck, Bob

Do you have both of the manuals that came
with the game? If not, I suggest you purchase
them as they have a wealth of information.

The second manual FO -560-X, has a description
of what the LED is indicating, and some basic
troubleshooting info.

You can pick up both books from Pinball Resource.

--
Fred
TX