Panasonic toughbook CF-19 upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timaishu

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I would first like to state that I am posting this along with searching so I can try and get the information I am looking for doubly quick..

So my brother in law is looking into buying a Panasonic Toughbook CF-19, model # CF-19CDGCAVM. It has the Mobile Intel 945GM Express chipset.

I am trying to figure out what parts are upgradeable and what is not. He wanted to know if I could drop in a new mobile processor, upgrade the ram and harddrive.

I know I could do the ram and harddrive. But do any of you know if the CPU is soldered to the mobo or not? Ive read that if the CPU isn't soldered, it is possible to drop another in as long as it has the same socket as the original.

It also has a 16x pci express port that I could use to add an outboard graphics card as well.

It can be tedious doing a processor upgrade/gpu upgrade in a laptop. Besides the socket issue, you may have to worry about power issues, i.e. you'd have to get a chip with the same TDP as the original. GPU wise, chances are if it has the intel chip, it is integrated onto the motherboard, meaning that it probably doesn't have an available slot for a discreet card.

Status
Not open for further replies.