Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows 7 Explorer View Arrangement

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
November 27, 2012 4:35:48 PM

Hello. My problem in Windows 7 Explorer. How to disable this is arrangement of icons? Look at screenshot.


I need normal arrangement icons like in screenshot 2(like Windows XP).


PS. I need size of icons 32x32 and normal arrangement like Windows XP.

Thanks.
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2012 4:45:31 PM

With Explorer open:

Organize>Layout and remove the check next to Navigation Pane
m
0
l
November 27, 2012 5:00:14 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
With Explorer open:

Organize>Layout and remove the check next to Navigation Pane

Sorry but i talk about arrangement of icons, not Navigation Pane
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2012 5:05:49 PM

ILexus said:
Sorry but i talk about arrangement of icons, not Navigation Pane


That's how you get that arrangement.
m
0
l
November 27, 2012 5:38:41 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
That's how you get that arrangement.

Highlighted red in the screenshot
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2012 5:49:34 PM

You won't match the XP screenshot unless you disable the Navigation Pane or select smaller icons. There isn't enough space in the main window to line them up at the same size. This isn't really rocket science here.
m
0
l
November 27, 2012 6:08:11 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
You won't match the XP screenshot unless you disable the Navigation Pane or select smaller icons.

Ok. I disable Navigation Pane and select smaller icons. Look at screenshots. And? This is not like XP.

m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 27, 2012 6:13:06 PM

Choose "medium". I'll bet the text drops under the icons and they line up just like the XP image. You're going to have to live with the fact that you will not be able to match the XP screenshot exactly. Get it close and you're done.
m
0
l
November 27, 2012 6:26:23 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
Choose "medium". I'll bet the text drops under the icons and they line up just like the XP image. You're going to have to live with the fact that you will not be able to match the XP screenshot exactly. Get it close and you're done.

Yes, i know it. But when select Medium icons, icons size 48x48. If lower the slider when the icon size is 32x32, icons auto change arrangement like at screenshot 1 in first post

I need icons size 32x32 and normal arrangement.


I'm sorry but it bothers me. Habit. Thanks for trying to help
m
0
l
November 27, 2012 6:32:16 PM

I not like whis is icon size. Can clearly see that the icons are scale. Contours are not smooth.



I need icons size 32x32 and normal arrangement. Like icon size 32x32 at screenshot 1 in first post, and normal arrangement like screenshot at this post

I'm pretty sure that this can not be fixed by standard methods. Need to edit the registry or something else. But I do not know how((
m
0
l
!